
I just finished making this card from the Card Patterns Sketch 20 before I got online to check all the card challenge sites I look at. I found that this card was a match for the Use It Challenge too this week. You had to use something from nature (the butterfly), polka dots (also on the butterfly), and your favorite embellishment. This card has two of my favorite ways to embellish--rhinestones for some bling and embossing with my Cuttlebug. This card will be sent to my daughter-in-law who is almost finished with Air Force Reserve Basic Training down in San Antonio. She will graduate July 9th and I know my son will be happy to have her back home in Hawaii where he is stationed with the Marines.I used the following supplies on this card:
- Pink, Green and White cardstock
- White vellum
- Pink plaid ribbon
- Pink flowers
- Pink rhinestones
- Cricut--Stretch Your Imagination and Accent Essentials cartridges
- Cuttlebug--Floral Fantasy and Swiss Dot embossing folders
I used my Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge to cut a scalloped frame at 6" with real dial size on then attached it to my basic white cardstock card. I cut a pink cardstock rectangle to fit inside this frame and rounded the edges. Then cut another rectangle out of white cardstock to put on top of it and rounded the corners. Then I embossed this rectangle with my Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder. I attached the pink and embossed white then added the plaid ribbon around them. I cut the green stem flourish using the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge at 2 1/4" with real dial size on. I attached it to the card and added the pink flowers with the rhinestones in the centers. I punched the butterfly out of the light green print paper (this was just a scrap from my stash). Then I took a scrap of white vellum I had, embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder and punched a second layer for the butterfly. I attached the two layers of butterfly and embellished them with three small pink rhinestones.
6 comments:
DARLING card Jeri, and I LOVE that ribbon!!! Thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
♥rae
Beautiful card! I love the scalloped base. I'm going to have to get out my Stretch Your Imagination cartridge and use this scallop cut!! Also, what a gorgeous embossing folder! It adds amazing detail to the card. Thank you for the inspiration!! ♥♥ Kay
LOVE that ribbon & embossing, this is so beautiful!
What a sweet card! I love the butterfly!
gorgeous...
Adorable card! Love the fun plaid ribbon.
Post a Comment