Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 91


It is sooooo exciting to be off work for the summer and be able to spend a whole day sitting in my craftroom making cards if I want. I used the Mojo Monday Week 91 sketch(mojomonday.blogspot.com) for this card. What better way to start off summer vacation than with a summery looking card. These colors seem so bright and cheerful to me. Supplies I used:
DCWV Fun in the Sun Summer Stack print paper, orange and white cardstock
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch & Glitter pen in pink
Cuttlebug-Embossing folder Floral Fantasy
Oriental Trading Fun Expressions Ribbon
Me & My Big Ideas Rhinestones
Hero Arts Enjoy Stamp
Cricut-Wild Card Cartridge, Scallop Oval
Colorbox Chalk Ink in Rouge
The dimension of the white card is 4 1/4" x 9 1/4". I used a pink stripe and a damask look print from DCWV for the front of the card. I separated the two pieces by putting the ribbon between them. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 4 1/4" x 1 3/4" and embossed it (which doesn't show up well in the picture) using the Floral Fantasy folder. I put a pink rhinestone shaped flower on it. This has been in my stash and I have no clue what company made it. I topped off the embossed paper with a rectangle with summer sentiments on it from the DCWV stack. I cut the scalloped oval at 1 1/2" from the Cricut Wild Card cartridge in orange and white cardstock and then pieced the two together and stamped it with Enjoy. I embellished it with ribbon, an orange brad and a few dots with white marker. Then I added the two layer punched butterfly that I outlined with the pink glitter pen and added three pink rhinestones to it's center. I think I need to take a digital photo class to start getting better pictures of my cards or read the direction book for the camera. LOL




2 comments:

Unknown said...

FABulous summery card, love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge, hope you'll play again!!
hugs & ♥~
rae

Joanne said...

Great card! I especially like the layered butterfly!