

For some reason I got it in my head to make Christmas cards with non-traditional colors this year. I used the Crafts 4 Eternity sketch and added die cut shapes for the One Stop Craft Challenge. My scalloped circle came from the Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge and the octagon shape is from the Going Places cartridge. (It's the stop sign shape from the cartridge). I used basic cardstock in medium grey, light grey, pink and white. The dark grey octagon shape was embossed with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. After embossing it I sanded the top to let the white core show through for some texture. The Christmas tree image is a clear acrylic stamp that I got at Jo-Ann's but I don't know who makes it. It reminds me of those aluminum Christmas trees they had back in the day. I added pink rhinestones onto the ornaments for some bling and then I used glitter around the circle. My sentiment is computer generated. I embellished the card with an organdy bow with a little silver sparkle in it.
5 comments:
this is beautiful. i was wondering how you did that fabulous octogon! just gorgeous. and i love non-traditional colors for xmas!
This is just great, love the colours you choose, well done. Thanks for joining us at C4E
Hugs
Suzette
Great use of your cricut! Unfortunately I don't have either of those carts but their on my wishlist now lol. Love the colour scheme and the cute little stamp. All makes for a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at c4e this week. Hugs
Pinky
This is gorgeous! Love the image, but the distressed embossing is my favourite bit. It looks fabulous. Great interpretation of the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx
beautiful card love the non-traditional christmas colours! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs mx
Post a Comment