
What a fun day this has been for me. I celebrated my first real day of retirement by staying in my craft room all day. I made several cards today for several challenges and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It kept me from missing the first day of school, the halls all shiny, the desks all in a row with name tags on them, the children's excitement as the doors opened..... Anyhow, I made this card using Card Patterns sketch #31 and did the color challenge of pink, orange and teal for Stampin' 4 the Weekend. Sometimes when I see a color challenge I think, YUK, those are horrible colors. But then I look through my paper stash and find something with those colors and it doesn't look so bad. This is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card. I used papers from DCWV Spring Stack. My digital sentiment is from Squigglefly. Other supplies I used for this card:- Teal and off white cardstock
- Martha Stewart glitter pens
- Nestabilities scalloped squares
- Beige button and twine
The flowers were cut from the DCWV paper and then I used glitter pens to outline each petal. I used foam to add layering to the flowers.
1 comment:
well first..... big congrats on your retirement! i thought it was gonna be hard for me and ya know what? it's not. don't miss it at all and it's been 3 years now! holy moly! your blog will be your best friend and i can't wait to see all your beauties.
i may not comment alot, but i'm watching. your other posts are fabulous too. just relax and enjoy.
hugs,
Post a Comment