Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Creative Corner Stars & Stripes/Stamp Something




During a recent trip to visit my Aunt we did a little crafting. My aunt used to own a craft shop and actually taught stamping classes. She brought out some of her old stamps for me to look at and I fell in love with this patriotic snowman. I stamped him a few times on a sheet of paper and brought him home with me to use in the future. Our Creative Corner's challenge this week was for stars and stripes so I knew right away I wanted to use this image. I used a combination of Copics and chalk to color it. I didn't want it to be too bold so I colored lightly. My card base is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. I backed my image with a triangle hoping it would look like a Christmas tree. The snowflake on top came from Cricut's Accent Essentials cartridge. I used glitter to make it sparkle. My print paper is Snowflake Garden from Heidi Grace Designs. I added a little Stickles on the swirls of the print paper but it doesn't show up in the picture. Bad lighting today, I think. It is raining and cloudy. I embellished around a couple of the snowflakes with clear rhinestones. Imagine my horror when I finished the card and realized that at some point while making it I had cut my finger and bled all over the back of the card. I can probably salvage it if I add another paper to the back of the card.

4 comments:

Mrs B said...

Wow! Your card is just beautiful!!!! I love the snowman also! Great design! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!
CindyB

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along this week.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a fun card! This is a great snowman, love the details. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something. :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just the cutest card ever. And what an amazing take on the OCC challenge for stars and strips - just perfect. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card and thanks for playing along with the OCC this week!