Saturday, December 21, 2013
Annual Christmas Card
Finally, I've gained control of the Christmas preparations and I'm feeling good about it. My cards are made and in the mail, the presents are bought and in the mail (because we are not with our family for the holiday), the cookies are baked, and the food is ready to be prepared for Christmas dinner. Today I thought I would share my simple but elegant Christmas card I made to give to friends and family this year. My Christmas card list has grown in the last few years as we've made so many new friends in our retirement lifestyle. Yes, we've become snowbirds and it appears that we've made the perfect decision judging by the weather reports we are seeing from upper Michigan. As I write this there is another Winter Storm Advisory, while we are enjoying the most glorious weather with sun and warmth down in Florida.
Anyway, because I needed so many cards the last couple of years I have decided to come up with a design and mass produce. It made life so much easier last year so I stuck with the same plan this year. I've always loved the white on white look and always think it looks elegant. I made my base card with white cardstock then matted a shiny gold mat onto the top of it. Then I took another piece of white and embossed it with a beautiful Cuttlebug winter embossing folder featuring a cardinal on a branch. I used a sentiment from My Creative Time and heat embossed it in gold. That was it, easy peasy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This card is so lovely - I can understand why you would mass produce it. I envy you the warm Florida weather. I get tired of the ice, snow and cold and long for a break from it come mid-January.
I love this! this is soooooooo me! MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS and SPECTACULAR NEW YEAR!
hugs :)
This card is stunning Jeri! Now will you please send some of that warm sunshine to us?!! lol It is snowing here at the moment and I suspect we will have more in the next month or so. I'm already ready for spring and summer! Hugs!
Post a Comment