The holiday season is in full swing now. I'm sure most of you have decked the halls by now. I must confess, not much decking has gone on in my house for several reasons. We just returned from a trip to N. Carolina to visit our son and his family and I'm a bit behind. We've also had a hectic schedule since returning. How I ever managed to get anything done before I retired is a mystery to me. I must apologize for the quality of my photo. I really had a difficult time getting a picture of this project. This week's Cutting Café project is made with the 3-D Christmas Tree Set Template/Cutting File. This set comes with two different types of tree cuts in SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE sizes, two different size boxes to make into presents and a tree window card. My Silhouette machine came in handy for cutting all the pieces of this file. Each of my trees has four sections that are glued together to make it three dimensional. After assembling the trees I blinged them up adding gems and stickles. A few presents scattered around and my little scene was complete. I'm so glad that I have this little grouping of Christmas trees on my dining table. In our tiny 500 sq. ft. place we don't have room for a Christmas tree so I have to look for other ways to bring the holiday spirit into my little space. To give the trees a little weight to make them stand up I've placed them on small flower "frogs". I hope you'll have time to stop by The Cutting Café Blog this week to see the rest of the DTs projects.
Monday, December 9, 2013
The Cutting Cafe 3-D Christmas Trees
The holiday season is in full swing now. I'm sure most of you have decked the halls by now. I must confess, not much decking has gone on in my house for several reasons. We just returned from a trip to N. Carolina to visit our son and his family and I'm a bit behind. We've also had a hectic schedule since returning. How I ever managed to get anything done before I retired is a mystery to me. I must apologize for the quality of my photo. I really had a difficult time getting a picture of this project. This week's Cutting Café project is made with the 3-D Christmas Tree Set Template/Cutting File. This set comes with two different types of tree cuts in SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE sizes, two different size boxes to make into presents and a tree window card. My Silhouette machine came in handy for cutting all the pieces of this file. Each of my trees has four sections that are glued together to make it three dimensional. After assembling the trees I blinged them up adding gems and stickles. A few presents scattered around and my little scene was complete. I'm so glad that I have this little grouping of Christmas trees on my dining table. In our tiny 500 sq. ft. place we don't have room for a Christmas tree so I have to look for other ways to bring the holiday spirit into my little space. To give the trees a little weight to make them stand up I've placed them on small flower "frogs". I hope you'll have time to stop by The Cutting Café Blog this week to see the rest of the DTs projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i'm retired 7 yrs already and I still wonder how I got things done AND work! your trees are gorgeous! at least you don't have below 0 temps or snow. it's freezing here... and I have a house showing this morning. oy vey! LOL. anyway, in case I don't get here before the holidays... wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas and a new year filled with many happy miracles.
hugs :)
Your trees and packages are so cute Jeri! What a cute way to bring in some holiday cheer. Not much decorating the halls has gone on here either. Put some window swags out but no tree yet. My guys are scrooges so hard to get them to get stuff out. lol Plus the house will be full at Christmas so thinking of just doing a small tree in the bay window. Glad you had a great trip to see you son my friend. Hugs!
EEKKK...I love this! What a perfect Table decoration!
All I can say is SPECTACULAR! I love this.
Awww Jeri these are so fun and festive:) How neat to display them s a centerpiece:) Krista
This is so creative and cute! Love it!
Love this table art, so festive, hugs
Love your centerpiece. Very well done!
Post a Comment