Thursday, November 13, 2014
Online Card Class Day 4 One Layer Cards
Hello my crafty friends! First, I must admit that I skipped over Day 3 of the Online Card Class Holiday 2014 lesson. That class was on watercoloring and I confess, I am not a big fan of watercoloring. I don't really see a reason to take time to do a technique that I really don't enjoy. So instead I made two cards to share from Day 4's class. My first card is a double die cutting technique. I used a stitched circle die and an adorable little reindeer die from My Creative Time. The first step of the process was placing the circle die on the card front then putting the deer die over it and marking the spot where the two dies met with a little pencil mark. Then I partial cut the circle by placing the part of the die I didn't want cut laying off the edge of the cutting plate. After that was done (I ruined several before I got it right) I put the reindeer in place matching him up to those pencil marks and cut the second time using the same technique with the deer hanging over the edge of the cutting plate. The end result is the reindeer sticking up out of the bottom edge of the die cut circle. Again, as in Day 2, this is not a card I would mass produce because it is quite a difficult process lining the dies up and partially cutting. For the inside of the card I used a little bigger circle than the one on the front to make a stencil from acetate. After the stencil was cut I placed it, making sure it was completely under the front card circle and then I stenciled it in using Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink. For the finishing touch I heat embossed some red snowflakes on the front and added the sentiment to the inside inked circle, and added some Glossing Accents to the reindeer's nose.
My second card was really simple and this would be one that would be easy to mass produce. I simply speckled some Heidi Swapp Gold mist on the front of the card, die cut the word and reindeer from My Creative Time dies, then added a thin strip of gold glitter paper on the lower portion of the card. The paper that I used for this is made by Cosmo Cricket and it has adhesive on the back so I didn't even have to get adhesive out to complete this card. It was done in minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to say I am loving both of these cards Jeri, but not sure if I could pull the first one! I think I will have a go at it, but don't see it turning out. lol I love it though! Isn't that little deer so cute?! I love the second card too and love that it was simple! lol I love this classy deer and I love that glitter paper you used. How cool that it had adhesive already on it. Hugs, Brenda
Post a Comment