Thursday, November 13, 2014
Online Card Class Easy to Duplicate cards
I really love learning new techniques for creating cards from Online Card Classes. This time around it's the Holiday Card Class 2014. For Day One the subject was Easy to Duplicate cards. For my first card I created the base of the card from kraft card stock. The card front is created with navy blue cardstock inked up with Tim Holtz Black Soot ink to create the night sky. When it was dry I heat embossed the "let it SNOW" sentiment from My Creative Time with WOW white embossing powder. When it was dry I added some "snow" on the sky with a stencil and embossing paste. To finish it off the right top edge is rounded and a twine bow was the last step.
My second card is a Christmas tree made with "Word Art". You can see how I made this card in my post HERE. This was really fun and once you get the stamps all set up on a stamp press you can easily stamp a bunch of them.
My third card is my favorite and I think I may use it for my annual mass production of cards. This card was definitely the most time consuming but once everything is cut it can be set up in assembly line. fashion. I did some heat embossing with Versamark ink and WOW silver embossing powder. For the first layer of the card I inked up all around the edges and then dipped it in the silver embossing powder to get the glittery edge. Then I added a few splotches of silver. The tag was cut with a die from My Creative Time and the bottom third was heat embossed with the same silver embossing powder. Next I added a diecut snowflake made from an Echo Park die. I diecut a small circle and heat embossed a snowflake pattern in the center with white embossing paste then inked it up with Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink. For the last step on the tag I added a little silver cording. The last two steps were adding the die "Merry" (a My Creative Time die) and the vellum banner with silver embossed "Christmas" (also My Creative Time die and stamp).
That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, how did I get so far behind?!! I am loving all three cards Jeri! They all are unique and fun with the last one being very elegant. Love the silver on this one! Hugs, Brenda
Post a Comment