Monday, August 17, 2015
Cardz TV Gallery Bigger Everyday Sayings
Today I have a project to share from the Cardz TV Gallery. In my quest to broaden my stamping horizons I recently got this set of layering flower stamps from My Favorite Things called Watercolor Flowers. Just my personal observation after using the stamps for the first time-you should have lots of coordinating inks, which I lack. I am building my ink supply, but it is a slow process due to cost. Anyway, I was really wanting to use them in this jar from Mary's Love in a Jar Cardz TV stamp set. At first I was going to hand draw some stems but then decided to use some images from another stamp set called Build a Pretty Flower from My Creative Time. I used my MISTI tool for stamping my flower layers. This is exactly the kind of project that the MISTI tool is perfect for. If you don't know what the MISTI tool is the letters stand for Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented, and it certainly has my endorsement. You can see it demonstrated at My Sweet Petunia. Since my supply of inks is limited I went with Distress Inks because I actually have each of the mini ink sets so I was able to put enough of the same color family together for each of the four layers of stamps. I used Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries and Fired Brick. I found this background paper in a Dear Lizzy 6 x 6 paper pad and it went perfect with the flowers. I added the fabulous sentiment from the Cardz TV Stamps Bigger Everyday Sayings. I'm loving these larger size sentiments from this stamp set. They really pop on a card front. Mary now has a second stamp set with larger sentiments called Big & Bold Sentiments. Both of these sets are must haves, in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
OMG Your card is gorgeous. You really did one outstanding stamping job!! You are so right it does cost allot to build the inks but what you did with what you have is awesome. You are a very talented gal and really did a fab job!! YOU ROCK!!
Beautiful card Jeri!!! I so love the flowers in the jar and that perfect sentiment!!! Loving that pattern paper, too!!!! :)
Post a Comment