Wow! Do we have a challenge for you this week at Paper Cutz. We'd like to see a Halloween card, project or layout...wait for it...USING NO BLACK or ORANGE. I just happened to have this fantastic ghost paper in purple and green. Perfect!!! It came from a Cloud 9 Design mat stack. I recently found that I really enjoy purchasing the little mat stacks as opposed to 12 x 12 paper stacks. It seems like I have so much wasted paper sitting in my scrap bin because I make so many cards, but don't like to repeat my papers (unless I'm mass producing something). Do you have that problem too? The solution...buying mat stacks. They are less expensive and take up less storage space. I find that very appealing. They are the perfect size for making cards or in this case, a candy bar wrapper. What's Halloween without candy, right? These are quick and easy to make. My husband and I do not pass out Halloween candy from our home. We usually spend the evening with our grandkids, taking them trick or treating. So I like to give these to the grandkids and I make a few extra to have on hand, just in case. My little ghost is cut from Cricut's Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge at 2 1/2". There is no shadow feature on that cartridge so I made my own shadow with purple paper and my Magic Matter tool. Then I embellished with a little mini ball fringe, green and purple ribbon and a stamp from Studio G that I found in the $1 bin at Michael's. I added a little Stickles to the center of the heart for some sparkle. This took less than 10 minutes to whip up which is great if you want to mass produce it for your child's classroom at school. I'll even give you the cutting dimensions so you won't have to measure. The wrapper is 6 x 5 1/2". The topper (ghost paper) is 5 x 2". You need a piece of ribbon approx. 8" long.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Paper Cutz Challenge #59
Wow! Do we have a challenge for you this week at Paper Cutz. We'd like to see a Halloween card, project or layout...wait for it...USING NO BLACK or ORANGE. I just happened to have this fantastic ghost paper in purple and green. Perfect!!! It came from a Cloud 9 Design mat stack. I recently found that I really enjoy purchasing the little mat stacks as opposed to 12 x 12 paper stacks. It seems like I have so much wasted paper sitting in my scrap bin because I make so many cards, but don't like to repeat my papers (unless I'm mass producing something). Do you have that problem too? The solution...buying mat stacks. They are less expensive and take up less storage space. I find that very appealing. They are the perfect size for making cards or in this case, a candy bar wrapper. What's Halloween without candy, right? These are quick and easy to make. My husband and I do not pass out Halloween candy from our home. We usually spend the evening with our grandkids, taking them trick or treating. So I like to give these to the grandkids and I make a few extra to have on hand, just in case. My little ghost is cut from Cricut's Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge at 2 1/2". There is no shadow feature on that cartridge so I made my own shadow with purple paper and my Magic Matter tool. Then I embellished with a little mini ball fringe, green and purple ribbon and a stamp from Studio G that I found in the $1 bin at Michael's. I added a little Stickles to the center of the heart for some sparkle. This took less than 10 minutes to whip up which is great if you want to mass produce it for your child's classroom at school. I'll even give you the cutting dimensions so you won't have to measure. The wrapper is 6 x 5 1/2". The topper (ghost paper) is 5 x 2". You need a piece of ribbon approx. 8" long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Great looking wrapper!
What an adorable candy wrapper Jeri! Love the paper and ribbons!
Hugs,
Terry
This is such a cute idea - great candy bar wrapper! Great project for the DT!!!
Melissa
Love your idea and I will have to try that one myself! Great job this week.
Waoooo!!! What a great candy wrapper. Love the gost. You did a wonderful job!!!
Hugs,
Farida
This is a really great project...I may have to lift it from you. Love your ghost!!!! Great minds think alike LOL!!!!
Oh this is adorable Jeri! Love the colour combo, the grandkids will love them!
Hugs
Juliexx
Wonderful candy wrappers... love the idea.. I am sure the kids must be thrilled to receive them :))
Hugs, Neeti
Love the idea, we also go out with our Grandkids and this will be a perfect way to give them candy. You mentioned Magic Matter tool, what is it and how does it work?
Post a Comment