Monday, September 6, 2010

BBTB2 Mini Monograms

Wow, it's the first Monday of September. How could the summer have gone by so quickly? Monday means a new challenge at BBTB2. This week it's Reader's Choice and it's Mini Monograms using any feature. I chose to use the stitched circle cut for my design. Now, I'm sure that everyone at one time or another has started on a design only to get it partially done and think, GEEZ--this is way too much trouble. My concept was great, but I didn't think I'd ever get this card done. Way too many individual pieces to cut on that telephone dial. I'm not sure it's ever taken me so long to make one card. The telephone card itself is cut from the Wild Card Cartridge. Then I started designing the dial for the telephone. I started with the dial layer from the Wild Card cartridge and then started tweaking it to make it big enough to put each circular number on. For each number I cut a stitched circle at 1". Then I cut the numbers with the letter only feature and real dial size feature turned on. This whole process would have been a lot simpler if the cartridge featured each number in a circle. But only the even numbers are in circles and the odd numbers are in squares. So I had to do each one individually---took forever to get them all cut out and get them off the mat in one piece because they were so small. Each one is cut at 1/2".
My inside sentiment is cut from Wild Card. To decorate the front of the card I used beautiful silk ribbon, a Prima flower and a couple of pink flower stickpins. This card is going to my very special friend Yvonne. We met at the campground where we spend the summer. We have great fun with her and her husband all summer long. Unfortunately, we live and Michigan and they live in Ohio so we only spend the summers together. It is always so sad for us when the summer ends and we have to say goodbye. This card will let Yvonne know how much I miss her. We are going to try and take a trip down to visit with them for a weekend before winter sets in. Meanwhile, we'll keep in touch with email and I'll send some of my handmade cards.

8 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is just perfect and precious. I can tell the work that went into it with the design layout and I know all of us are so glad you kept with it. I love the colors, that pink and black color theme is right on and the ribbon is perfect. I love it.
Carole

Sandi said...

Jeri that pink phone is the BEST, I watched old movies yesterday and one thing that really stood out were the old phones. Hugs

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card, Jeri! The colours are just scrumptious!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love everything about it! Adorable!

A Little Time said...

Oh wow!!! This is beautiful! I can see all the work you put into this. WOW!!!!!

Barb Smith said...

You did a fabulous job on this card. Congrats.

Barb. from Toronto, Canada

~JulieH~ said...

I've been trying to post a comment allday and kept getting an error message! Wow wow wow Jerry I love this I want a real phone like this!! Perfect colours and patterns and so beautifully decorated! What patience you've got designing with all those little numbers!
Hugs
Juliexx

Unknown said...

This card is FABULOUS! I would have never thought to use the numbers like that! It's so dang clever! Do you know about Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com (I'm part of the challenge blog there)... I'd love it if you checked it out and participated in a challenge or two (or more)... I always love your work and I just know you'd inspire our other participants! Have a great weekend!