Friday, September 3, 2010

Paper Cutz Challenge #57

I'm so excited to be here today with my first design for Paper Cutz Challenge. Thanks so much, Mary, for allowing me to be part of the fabulous design team. I'm excited to be working with such talented ladies and hope that everyone will enjoy my designs for the challenges Mary sets for us each week. The challenge this week is to make a card, project, or layout using the following ingredients:
  1. One ribbon-mine is brown and white gingham
  2. Two buttons-flower centers on front
  3. Three colors-I chose yellow, brown and white
I made a mini album using one sheet of 12 x 12 paper for the actual album and a coordinating piece for decorating and embellishing. The album has 16 pages when assembled. If you would like to see how to make the album and make one for yourself please visit Mary's wonderful blog Cardz TV. If you haven't visited her video tutorial site you are in for a real treat. She is MEGA talented and full of wonderful ideas. I guarantee you'll come away with an abundance of inspiration.
This is a top view of the completed album showing how the pages are arranged. I've highlighted a few of the pages in this post. The first and second pages of the album are below. The stamp on the first page is a Studio G stamp. The scalloped squares were cut using Nestibilities. My doodling throughout the album is done with a white Sakura 3-D gel pen and a Martha Stewart marker in Sepia. These are my go to markers for most of my designs.
The sentiment below is part of a digital stamp set from The Cutting Cafe. It's from a set called Straight Words for Cards. If you've never been to Regina Easter's digi stamp sight I highly recommend her stamps. I use them on so many of my designs. She is a sweetheart and one incredibly talented lady. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for Regina. She gave me my first opportunity to design and I'm forever grateful.
Below are the last two pages of the album. Here I've used a Penny Black stamp and framed it with a negative leftover from the scalloped square on the first page. It could have been a piece destined for the trash, but I try to use as much of a piece of cardstock as I can. Make sure you look at your scraps to see if you can use them in other ways before you just toss them. It gives you more for your money and keeps more trash from entering the environment. The friend sentiment stamp is another Studio G.
I hope you'll join this week's challenge. Don't forget to use the three required elements. I'll look forward to seeing what you design and visiting your blog. As a design team member, I make a huge effort to visit every single person's blog that enters a challenge for the blog's I design for. Yes, this is a huge commitment for me, but I know how much it means to me to know that people have visited my blog and left a comment. So I hope you'll visit me often, become a follower and leave a comment to help brighten my day.

6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

What a precious little album, Jeri! LOVE your color combo! Looks like a fun challenge! xxD

Kristie W. said...

This is wonderful!! Super take on the challenge!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Great album Jeri!!! Very pretty and the colors are fabulous! Great job on the challenge!
Melissa

Farida Rone said...

OMG!!!! Jeri,
This is a wonderful creation. Love what you have done.
Hugs,
Farida

Anonymous said...

What a great mini album.
Hugs
Sam xx

pennyd said...

Wow! That album is terrific!