Friday, September 10, 2010

Paper Cutz Challenge #58

The best thing about Friday is it's time for another Paper Cutz challenge. Unless of course you're not retired (like me). Then it means the weekend is almost here. When you're retired it seems like everyday is a weekend and it's really hard to keep track of the days. I'm not complaining mind you. I wholeheartedly enjoy being retired and highly recommend it. This week Mary asked the DT to make a card, project or LO using a tag or tags in any color using any theme. I made a birthday card, because you can never have too many of those handy. I used papers from DCWV Sweet stack for a bright and cheerful card. My sentiment is from k*i memories. The pink polka dot paper is from my scrap bin. I made a little pocket on the front of my card to put the tag in. My finished card measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/4". The pocket is 2 3/4" x 2 3/4". My tag is cut using my Cricut and the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge at 3 1/4". I used the round top tag and the Mirror/Windows feature.
To embellish the tag I used my Sakura 3-D gel pen for a little doodling. Then I added a purple ribbon through the slot I punched using a ribbon slot punch from EK Success. When you cut the tag using the Mirror/Window feature the little slot does not get cut. I found this pretty pink button in my button container. The stamp is from Penny Black.
I used a little scrap of the pink polka dot paper and a Fiskars scallop edge punch to jazz up the inside of the card. The stamp is another Penny Black.

7 comments:

KimCreate said...

Adorable!
Kim

Diane said...

Cute card!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

This card is so pretty Jeri!! Love the colors and dp you chose. I agree...retirement is wonderful and I'm loving it, too!! (and every day feels like a Saturday!!!)
Hugs,
Terry

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Jeri - this is so cute! Love the little tag that pulls out - great for this weeks DT challenge!
Melissa

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, this is adorable. I love the inside too!

Marjo said...

Hi Jeri,

This card is too cute! I just adore polka dots and pink. Wonderful DT inspiration.

Hugs, Marjo

Unknown said...

Adorable tag! That is a wonderful birthday card idea!
Hugs,
Kayla