Monday, September 27, 2010

BBTB2 Heritage Sewing Machine

Happy Monday everyone!  Wow, I can't believe it's the last challenge of the month of September at BBTB2.  This week's challenge is to use the sewing machine from the Heritage cartridge.  It is blog hop week, but I'm unable to participate this time because I am traveling. But, I hope you'll visit the rest of the DT that are hopping and enjoy yourselves. This is the first time I've used this cartridge for a card.  I bought the DCWV Crafty paper stack a long time ago and I haven't used it at all, but I knew the perfect paper to go along with a sewing machine would be in that stack.  My sewing machine is cut at 1.5", the dress form is from the Forever Young cartridge (cut @ 4"), the spool of thread (cut @ 1.25") and scissors (cut @ 1.75") are from Disney's Happily Ever After cartridge.  The spool of thread made me think of some little bobbins I store my embroidery floss on. So I thought I would take some of my floss and wind it onto the spool to make it look more authentic.  It's my favorite part of this card. The piece of paper that looks like a ruler is Cosmo Cricket. Thanks for visiting today and have a great week.

11 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is such a cute seamstress scene..... I love sewing machines and so this challenge was right down my alley.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Sew cute, Jeri! Love your papers and that spool is just fabulous! Enjoy your trip! xxD

LesleyfromWI said...

Too cute...love the saying!

Tammy said...

This is soooooooo cute! Love all the different cuts as they worked perfectly together.
smiles...Tammy

joann said...

I love this card. I love how you wound thread around the spool. It reminds me of Grandma.
JoAnn

sucor said...

Great sentiment!I love the beautiful papers and cuts you used!

**Treefrog** said...

What an adorable card Jeri, love that paper and that stack, I have it and forgot all about it till after I did my layout, lol! Love the bobbin with the thread on it, great idea! Have a safe trip!
((Hugs)) Theresa

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, great job...I love that spool of thread!

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Jeri

Great card, the thread is sew cute on there it just kind of pops and I love your saying...


HUGS
Penny

A Little Time said...

I love, love, love this!! How many of us used the same Cosmo line this time? LOL!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jeri,
So darling..love the threading on the card...Krista