Monday, June 18, 2012

BBTB2 Birthday and Pearls

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new challenge at BBTB2 and this week Stephanie asked us to make a birthday card and incorporate pearls.  I bet you were expecting to see some kind of feminine card with pearls.  I totally wanted to do the unexpected this week and went with a boy card.  How in the world could I incorporate pearls into a little boys card--with a treasure chest of course!  My fabulous printed border is from The Cutting Cafe's Ahoy Matey printable stamp set.  My treasure chest came from the 3 Birds-Life's A Party cartridge.  I cut it at 3.25" from brown cardstock adding some metallic gold for the coin and lock layers.  I added some rhinestones, and of course, pearls.  Really quick and easy card.  It seems that's all I have time for since we came back to Michigan.  We have been so busy visiting kids and grandkids and cleaning out our storage unit which is three hours south of where we're camped.  We no sooner get to the camper and we have to head back south for some family commitment of some sort or other.  Every week since we got here we've had to do that.  The first week it was our granddaughter's graduation, the next week our youngest grandchild's birthday.  Next it was a week of preparing for a garage sale by cleaning out our storage unit and setting up the garage.  We survived that and headed back north for a couple days of rest.  This week it was back down for a granddaughter's ballet recital (pictures to come next week).  I will be so glad when this summer is over and we can finally head back to Florida and our quiet, peaceful life in our retirement community.  This weekend it's back down for our granddaughter's graduation party.  Can you say exhausted?  Who said retirement is a time for relaxation?  We weren't this busy when we were working full time!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to play along with our birthday and pearls challenge at BBTB2.

19 comments:

Jayne said...

Love your pirate's chest full of pearls!
Hope you get some relaxation time soon!!
Jayne x

Carole Beath said...

What a darling birthday card.... great idea. I am exhausted reading about your busy schedule.
Carole

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What an awesome card and a great use of pearls. You were so creative and I love it!

Sandi said...

Jeri, love your treasure chest of jewels, keep safe and happy and enjoy all your adventures, hugs

Anonymous said...

How cool. Great boy card and one that you can get away with adding pearls! Terrific treasure chest.
Love it.

Glenda said...

Love your take on the challenge! Great treasure chest of jewels and pearls!
Enjoy your travels!
Glenda

Melissa said...

This is so cute Jeri, love the use of those gems!

Brenda said...

Oh this is so cute Jeri! I love how this card would work for a young man!! The treasure chest is awesome, love the jewels dripping from it. lol I also love how the sentiment goes around the chest. Awesome card! Hugs

L.B. said...

Love this fun card for birthday boy!! (or girl I guess) great take on birthday and pearls

Bobby said...

Such a cute idea! BTW where are you camped? I live n MI and was just wondering.

bonnie said...

fABULOUS BIRTHDAY CARD! ;) hUGS X

Sharon said...

I'm exhausted just reading what all you have been doing and what else you are gonna do!!! I so love your treasure chest!!! The perfect boy card!!!! :)

Threadbear said...

This is such a cool card -- love how you did this challenge!!
Linda

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a fabulous boy card! Fun being able to do bling without guilt. LOL the border is perfect, too. I'm tired just reading your post, LOL. Yeah, retirement ain't for wimps. xxD

GiuliaG. said...

I love this Jeri...so difficult to make a boy card but you did a great job.

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri, I loved this card the moment I say it!!! Only you could be so creative as to take a pearls and birthday challenge and make it guy friendly!! The treasure chest is adorable and I love the sentiment! Awesome!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This was a super neat idea...WoW

shelly said...

jeri this is such a great card love the use of pearls on a masculine card :)

~JulieH~ said...

What a brilliant way to incorporate bling and pearls on a masculine card Jeri! Love it! I too am exhausted just reading your schedule but worth it to spend precious times with your family
Hugs
Juliexx