Monday, June 25, 2012

BBTB2 Patriotic challenge

I can't believe it's almost time to celebrate the 4th of July as you can tell with my BBTB2 challenge post for today.  It seems like Easter was just a few weeks ago.  My life has been so complicated since then.  We bought a permanent place in Florida, traveled back to Michigan with the camper and have had nothing but problems since arriving at the beginning of May.  We've never had any problems with our camper, but they've hit full force since arriving.  When we first arrived our hot water tank broke.  So that repair was about $300.  Then we started having electrical problems--two batteries, two converters and hundreds of dollars later hopefully they are all fixed.  I've had a ton of health issues since we got here, too.  If it's not one thing it's another. 

So here I am again this week saying this was not the project I intended for today, but with all the problems I've encountered lately I'm lucky to have a project at all.  I was planning on making a banner to hang outside on my camper for the holiday.  Instead I have a card with a banner on it.  Having the electrical problems seriously cut into my available time to use my Cricut, along with trips to visit our kids.  Maybe I should invent a battery operated cutter.  I had to put this card together so quickly I don't even remember what cartridge I used for the banner pieces.  I think it was Something to Celebrate, but don't hold me to that.  The lettering came from the Varstiy Letters cartridge.  My papers are We R Memory Keepers. 

We just returned from a two day trip down to see my granddaughter in her first ballet concert.  Since her costume was red, white and blue I thought this would be the perfect post to add a couple photos of her (even though they're not the best quality).  She was so cute up on that stage and surprisingly graceful.  She tends to be like a bull in a china shop.  How she managed to keep from getting a hole in her tights I'll never know.  We enjoyed our time spent with her and her little sister.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll have the opportunity to join us this week at BBTB2 for our patriotic challenge.  You may use any Cricut cartridge on the patriotic project but it must be a new creation and have at least one Cricut cut on it.

18 comments:

Sandi said...

great card Jeri, love your banner, hugs

Carole Beath said...

Great card, Jeri...and we always so appreciate you because you join in even amid all of your travels and little life's challenges. Thanks.
Love your card.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

This is fabulous, Jeri! I adore the banner and the papers ROCK! So sorry for all your troubles. what an absolute PITA! We really appreciate your efforts, especially in light of all the problems, but you'd never know it from this adorable card. Still giggling at your bull in a china shop comment about your precious granddaughter. She looks light as a feather in your pix. LOL Thanks for sharing. xxD

Migdalia said...

Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable!Awesome card!My favorite wouldbe the Banner!Fabulous job!TFS

Anonymous said...

Love the banner on your card.With all that going on I don't know if I would have been able to make a card. But it came out wonderful and I love that paper. Hope things get better from here.

Brenda said...

Wow Jeri, I'm so sorry to hear of all the camper problems and the health issues. I don't even know how you even got a project done with all that you have on your plate. You never cease to amaze me though, with all the traveling and everything else you always manage to make a beautiful project and this time is no exception! I love, love your card, the banner is just awesome, I love your papers you used and your grand-daughter is just so precious in her little outfit!! I pray that things go better for you with the camper and the health stuff. I can so relate to you on the health stuff and stress is not our friend with Lupus! Hugs

Tangle said...

This is so cute! super fun and simple. I hope your week gets better!

-Rebekah

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri, so sorry to hear of your troubles. Sometimes life is icky!! I cannot believe that this was your "Plan B" card... I just LOVE IT (do you need my address??). I truly hope that your woes with the camper are over come shortly and if you happen to pass through SC as you had back to FL, let me know as I would love to meet up!!!

xx Susan

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeri so sorry to hear all this though now your camper van is fixed time to concentrate on you and getting better. Fabulous card I love the twine and banner and as for your granddaughter she is an adorable cutie!
Hugs
Juliexx

Georgiana said...

That banner on your card looks amazing. Loving the patriotic colors on your card and your granddaughter (she is a cutie!).

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

I hope u feel better Jeri...May God Bless you..Your creation is so well done..I love the clean lines and the colors scream happiness..

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Ps..I was thinking u were moving to Michigan..I was going to say Yippee..Maybe we will meet someday...or maybe u already lived here:( I am confused:(

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Love the banner and pretty papers! Your granddaughter is so cute! Love her little patriotic outfit!
Glenda

Curko said...

OMGoodness....first of all, what a cutie pie! Your granddaughter is some performer. What a perfect card to match her adorable costume. I love how you made the "HAPPY" into a banner and stringed them together. Gotta be one of my favorites :0)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Jeri this may have not been your intended project but I love it! Love the banner, the way you did the title and the cute star paper. It's really great together. Your granddaughter is adorable. How fun!

Lizzie Laine said...

Jeri,
Despite all of your obstacles you have made a beautiful card! I hope you are feeling better, I certainly feel for you. I have battled a few health problems myself and it isn't any fun not feeling well.
Your granddaughter is just adorable(:

shelly said...

jeri as always in adversity you come out on top :) great card and the pics are cute :) congrats on the new house in florida :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

In spite of everything, I think your card is fabulous!
Your little granddaughter is so cute! Have fun!