Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge #111 Summer Theme

I hope everyone is enjoying all that summer has to offer by now.  This week at Cricut Cardz, Mary asked the Design Team to create around a summer theme.  One of my favorite things about summer is enjoying a big slice of juicy watermelon, so that's what I designed my card around.  My watermelon slice came from the Preserves cartridge.  I made my shaped base card by welding together two shadow cut shapes from Elegant Edges.  All the papers I used are scraps so I can't tell you the company names.  I love to use gingham and polka dots together for an Americana feel and it seemed perfect for my watermelon layers, plain black cardstock for the seeds.  I added a little red twine and a black button for embellishment before adding my perfect sentiment.  It came from the Cardz TV Stamps Fun in the Sun stamp set.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the shape this card the colors are great on the watermelon and just pop on that white paper, great job!

Georgiana said...

Love the card, especially the shape (my summer goal is to make more shape cards!). Hope you will link your card up at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sandi said...

Jeri great watermelon card, love how you used the patterns to create the watermelon, hugs

Lizzie Laine said...

Jeri,
This is an awesome watermelon card, I just love the DP's that you used! Beautiful!

Sandy Palmer said...

I just love your watermelon card! I love the shape of the card too!