Monday, June 11, 2012

BBTB2 Rose challenge

What a wonderful discovery I made this week when I went to design my card for the BBTB2 Rose challenge chosen by one of our newest DT members, Glenda.  You all probably know this and I'm the last one to figure it out, but did you know there's a wonderful 3-D flower on the Lacy Labels cartridge.  Yes, that's where my pretty rose came from.  I discovered it when I used my Gypsy to do a search for a rose.  Sometimes it's not easy to see the cuts on that little screen and I wasn't sure I was seeing right when I noticed the spiral cut from the Lacy Labels.  Of course, I had to check it out and sure enough, it was a spiral cut flower.  I've had that cartridge since it first came out and never noticed it before.  On the keypad it's in the last row, key number 7.  I used My Mind's Eye Stella/Rose papers for my card.  I love the blue and yellow palette.  My beautiful sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Think Spring stamp set and I placed it on a label I cut from Lacy Labels.

14 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Well, your discovery on Lacy Labels is a wonderful one.... the rose die cut is wonderful, and so is your card.
Carole

Sandi said...

Jeri, love that background paper and that is the sweetest rose, hugs

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

I've also had that cartridge since it came out and had no idea Jeri! Of course, I've been spending most of my time quilting but will have to remember this next time I need a card..TFS!!!

Georgiana said...

Very pretty. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing this pretty rose! I have the cartridge and have not noticed it! Pretty background and sentiment!
Fabulous job showcasing the Rose!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rose! What a find. It looks lovely on that background paper. So glad you found it. I never noticed it before.

Jayne said...

Gorgeous rose Jeri.Perfect background paper too.
Jayne x

Marjorie said...

Lovely!

GiuliaG. said...

Great design and take on the challenge.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the flower and the beautiful background paper. Love the borders along the bottom makes it so elegant.

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful card.Love your rose and sentiment.Love that DP i think i have it in a paper pad.

Brenda said...

Jeri, I didn't know there was a 3D rose on Lacy Labels!! lol But you can bet I will be going and looking a little more carefully. lol Your card is spectacular! I love the colors and that beautiful paper, the rose is so pretty and the senitment is just perfect. Hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW! I had no idea! Love the flower and how it matches your paper perfectly. Fabulous! xxD

Threadbear said...

Your card is beautiful -- love the paper you used!! I did not know this cut was on Lacy Labels -- your rose looks perfect on your card!!
Linda