Monday, June 4, 2012
BBTB2 Water theme
Happy Monday! It's time for a new challenge at BBTB2. This week's water theme challenge was chosen by our fabulous returning DT member Sandi. She asked us to use a water theme. I have to admit that I struggled with this one a little until I decided on a fish theme. I really had something else in mind for the fish but ran short of time because we've been preparing for a big garage sale to empty out our storage unit. It is crammed full after selling our house last July. I've also been sick with a sinus infection and ear infection. That's what happens when you return to a cold climate after spending the winter in warmth and sunshine in Florida. Not only that, while visiting my children last week my dog and I were attacked by two boxer dogs while outside for a potty break. My dog was on a leash the other two weren't. It was a very traumatic experience, I must say. We're both recovering from dog bites and that's as much as I want to say. I wanted to make a card for my 5 year old granddaughter who will be performing in her first ballet program. I was shocked to find I had to pay $16 each for tickets to go, however. Does that seem like a lot to anyone besides me? Anyway, I used one of my all time favorite cartridges for this card--Create A Critter. I cut the fishbowl and it's layers at 3.25" and my fish and it's layers at 1". I embossed the water layer with my Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder and the sand with the Cuttlebug Japanese Scales folder. I thought it would be fun to put the fish on a Wobbler to give it a little movement and of course, I had to make the fish pink because that's one of Payton's favorite colors. My sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe's Under the Sea set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
hey Jeri, love the fish bowl and lil swimmer, hope you have smooth sailing the rest of the month and no more incidents, hugs
So darn cute Jeri....I love the embossing...your little fishy is adorable!
Beautiful card I love the dimension in the water and the colors are super
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/
Love the fishbowl and your pink fish. Great details. Sorry you've had such a trying week.
Adorable Card!TFS
OMG!! Couldn't be cuter! love the embossing and the sentient is adorable. How traumatic for you and your dog. Hope everything is okay. I once grabbed the collar of an unleashed German Shepard that attacked my neighbor and her little rat terrier while we walked. Must have been adreneline because I'm rather frightened of dogs, especially big ones. I was lucky, no bites, though. And $16 for a ballet recital...YIKES! But I'm sure grandma will pay. That teacher has a racket going. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. xxD
Aww, what a super cute card! I love the embossing and papers you used. Your sentiment is just too cute too. The twine around the rim of the fishbowl adds so much character to the fishbowl. Just a cute, cute card! Hugs
Your card is adorable -- and I love the embossing!! I'm so sorry about you and your dog -- I hope you both are feeling better. Your granddaughter will love her card!!
a stunning crestion as always. i STILl don't use my cricut. as a matter of fact, i'm thinking of selling it.
anyway, sorry to hear you've been sick and sure hope u r on the road to a fast recovery. i do think of you often... but you know... busy, busy.
and we're not old at all. it's our kids that are getting old - LOL.
big hugs, my friend.
Oh Jeri, this is super cute. I almost made a similar project! Great minds, my friend. Your little fishy is just adorable and the card is sooo pretty!! I hope that you are feeling better soon, and for a challenge project, you rocked it!!!
Jeri..Love the little fishie..Looks like our little Ellie..She has been living in our home for over 7 months..I couldn't believe it when they told me she was on sale for 13 cents..LOL..
Such a cute card!Love all the embossing.Sorry to hear about the attack,hope you are both feeling better.
Jayne x
so cute! I LOVE how you used the embossing to make the different textures and layers. Genius.
-Rebekah
Cute card. Love the little fish in the bowl and the embossing really makes it pop. So sorry about the dog attack and hope your garage sale is a big success.
Oh Jeri, this is such a cute card. I love that little fish..... I am so sorry about the dog attack....
Carole
Sorry to hear about the dog attack! Your card is darling, I really like the embossing in the background!!
Jeri
I just love that little fish bowl, you did a fantabulous job with it too, its perfect..
Hugs
Penny
Post a Comment