Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge #109 You Did It

This week's Cricut Cardz Challenge was perfectly timed for me.  Mary asked the Design Team to create a graduation card with the theme You Did It.  My oldest granddaughter graduated from high school on May 20th.  What an exciting day it was.  It was fun to see her graduate because I didn't get the privelege of seeing her mom graduate.  It's kind of a funny story now, but sure wasn't at the time.  Somehow, my daughter managed to slam her finger in the car door on the way to graduation and ended up at the emergency room instead of walking up to get her diploma.  We have a picture of her in her graduation gown holding up her hand all bandaged up.  Brytnie's school colors are blue and gray so I made her graduation card using those colors.  I thought it would be fun to do a shaped card and made it by welding two hats together from the Wrap It Up cartridge using my Gypsy.  I wasn't sure it was going to work because the fold is on an angle, but sure enough, I Did It!   The sentiment is cut from the Don Juan cartridge.  That's a cartridge I rarely use so was glad to see the exact sentiment on it.  I added some faux stitching all the way around and a button in the center.

3 comments:

Migdalia said...

Super Cute and Cool card!!TFS

missstamper said...

Terrific! Shaped cards are so cool!

Sherrie K. said...

Ouch, ouch that sounds painful!Congrats on her graduation and your card is awesome! i love the shape, faux stitching and cute little little button! Have a great day!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com