This week's challenge at BBTB2 is to make a scrapbook layout with a frame on it. Our wonderful DT sister, Melissa, asked us to make a scrapbook page as an extra challenge, usually we feature cards. I used my favorite cartridge for creating scrapbook pages for this layout. Elegant Edges is my go to cartridge for frames and borders. If you don't own this cartridge, I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed. I cut this frame at 9" to highlight my 4x6" photo. I added a backing of cream colored cardstock and then matted the photo on a piece of Bazzill Dotted cardstock cut at 4.5x6.5". I designed this layout on my Gypsy while we were traveling to Michigan. Love my Gypsy when we're on the road. I cut the scalloped border from the Elegant Edges cartridge, also, at 1x10". For the title I used Gypsy font and spelled out the word Perfect then welded the letters together. My banner is cut from the Sugar n' Spice cartridge along the the letters for the word GIRL.
I added a couple of storks that I believe came from the New Arrival cartridge, and embellished with a crocheted flower and button. My journaling strips were done with my computer. I hope that you'll get a chance to join our challenge at BBTB2 this week. Now, just in case you don't do any scrapbooking, you are allowed to make a card instead of a layout using any frame from any CRICUT cartridge. BBTB2 is a Cricut challenge site so that is why you must use a Cricut cut frame for this challenge to be elegible to win our project of the week badge to display on your blog. Remember also, you must make a new creation for this challenge, no back links. Have fun and thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments you leave. They are so appreciated.
16 comments:
Preciou! Such a great start to what looks like a fabulous book. Glad you made it safe and sound. Hope it warms up for you soon. xxD
Jeri this is truly beautiful and I must say you get the hangin in there award of the year, to be on the road and still posting is a committment of love for sure and we do love yah, lol, have fun, enjoy and find warmth for those joints. hugs
Oh my this is such a beautiful lo! I can't believe you were able to create such a fablous lo and be traveling at the same time!! I am glad you got to MI safely. I love the frame you used, the pic is just gorgeous in it! The colors and the banner you made is perfect!! I can't even imagine having a grandchild already graduating from high school!! lol I am just starting out with grandkids and they are already growing to fast!!
Gorgeous layout Jeri and beautiful piccie.Enjoy the graduation.
Jayne x
What a sweet page, adorable baby. Lovely frame and colors.
Stephanie
We always appreciate you,Jeri, for your cute projects. This LO is wonderful wonderful. Glad you are hooked up back on the web again....
Hugs
Carole
Your layout is wonderful! Love the way you layered the frame. And your title is so fabulous. Thanks for sharing.
WOW!!!! This is beautiful Jeri!!! I love the frame, the border, the banner and that great flower!! Oh and the storks are really cute!! Glad ya'll made it back north safely!! Enjoy those children and grandchildren!!! :)
This is so lovely! Your granddaughter is precious and your layout is adorable. I'm so honored to be on this design team!
Such a cute frame and love the title. Such a sweet picture and the little storks are cute. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
Sweet and adorable page of those precious memories! Beautiful photo! Love the frame, border, and title.
Enjoy your visit!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/
Jeri this is so cute. How can you have a grandchild graduating??? Yes there is no good way to explain that one!!! :D I hope you share the rest of the book, I bet it will be amazing!!
Susan
Oh Jeri your granddaughter was a beautiful baby and I bet she is just as beautiful now although I can't believe you are old enough to have a granddaughte graduating from High School! Your layout is stunning and I love your journalling words, wondeful work as always!
Keep warm!
Hugs
juliexx
Jeri
so glad you made it back to Mich safe, I am heading to Fla on the 16th of June. your layout is adorable,I am sure your Grandaughter is as beautiful now as she was then...
HUGS
Penny
hi jeri :) glad you made it back to michigan safe and sound :) sweet awesome layout and theres no way youre old enough to have a graduating grandchild!
This is so very sweet. Love the teapot and the crocheted flower. Congrats on your finds at Walmart. I have wanted Latte for a long time now. Enjoy your trip to visit your family.
Post a Comment