Monday, July 16, 2012

BBTB2 Fashion Challenge

It's Monday and that means it time for a new challenge at BBTB2.  This week's cut was chosen by one of our newer DT members, Rebekah.  She asked us to design with the theme Fashion and we could choose a cut from any Cricut cartridge.  I used Forever Young which is an older cartridge, but it doesn't get better if you want a fashion cut.  I used My Mind's Eye patterned papers on this card.  It took me four tries before I got that dress cut with the beautiful flowers where I wanted them.  I don't know where my head was but certainly not on where my paper was placed on my mat.  But, once I got it I was so happy with the way the dress turned out.  I also used the same cartridge for my words along the left edge of the card.  I made my lacy flower in the corner by hand gathering a piece of vintage lace I found in my lace box.  I don't usually do cards with a vintage look but I think this is passable.  I think the paper did most of the work for me, which is cheating a little.  I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us this week.  You can find lots of inspiration from our BBTB2 Design Team this week from cards to 3-D projects, to scrap pages to get you started.  Make sure you included a Cricut cut that will fit the fashion theme, but you may use any cartridge.  Your creation must also be new and not a back link.  Please remember, if you would like the DT to visit your blog and comment on your entry you must have word verification turned off.  Thanks so much for coming by today and for your sweet comments.

17 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri, this is so pretty, love your colors, hugs

Jayne said...

Love the vintage style of this Jeri.It was worth all the effort with the dress as the flowers are so pretty on it.
Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the placement of the flowers too.

Brenda said...

Wow Jeri, this card is just beautiful and so vintage looking! I so love the dress, you got it to cut at the perfect spot!! I also love the flower with the lace and pearl, how pretty that is. I love, love that base paper, how cool and vintage is it?!! You did a fabulous job on this card my friend!!

Tangle said...

oolala! I love your vintage take on the challenge, its so lovely and feminine! Thanks for being a part of my challenge!

Hugs,
Rebekah K.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Love your fashionable card! Fun use of the stamped image along-side the die cut one!

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is wonderful, and I love love love the vintage look to it.
Carole

Threadbear said...

Your card is beautiful -- love the paper you chose, how you laid it out and the vintage look -- it's gorgeous!!
Linda

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Jeri! Love the vintage look and the dress is so pretty! Love the little lacy flower too!
Glenda

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous vintage look, Jeri! Love the papers and colors. Truly fabulous. xxD

Melissa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Jeri, you are so talented! That flower placement on the dress is perfect and love your flower, great job!

~JulieH~ said...

Jeri this is beautiful and you've oerfected the vintage feel! I'm soimpressed on your placement of the flowers on thedress and love your vintage lace flower, Love it all!
Hygs
Juliexx

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Jeri...Your card is fabulous, love the style the colors, i love all of it,and believe me if I could, I would run to Tawas, I have camped there before on 4th of July one year, I loved it we had a great time, we were in the State Park, its supposed to be in the Hundreds today. so think I will say inside

HUGS
Penny

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Jeri! Your card is gorgeous! Love the vintage look and her dress is spectacular. So I was definitely worth the four cuts! Love it!
hugs, Sharon

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So pretty. Everything goes so well together. the adorable dress, the lace and the dress form. Love the words too!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Your persistence at getting the flowers where you wanted them on the dress paid off nicely. Especially like the vintage lace.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

shelly said...

what a beautiful card jeri i love the dress/paper. wow.