Monday, July 9, 2012
BBTB2 Window to My World challenge
I'm getting a head start on my Christmas cards this year. When our very talented DT sister, Brenda, asked us to create a project using a window cut from any Cricut cartridge I knew exactly what I was going to make. I used the window from the Christmas Solutions cartridge. My wreath in the window came from the same cartridge. I decided it would look best as a shaped card so I used the shadow cut and welded two of them together using my Gypsy. Whenever I make a shaped card I place another shadow cut on top of the base before placing the other layers on. This hides the fold and makes the card more sturdy. I cut the card base and layers at 5.25". The wreath is cut at 2.25" and I added a few red rhinestones for a little bling. My sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Jeri, elegant simplicity, beautiful card, hugs
Jeri, I love this Christmas in July card.... what a great window for the holidays...
Carole
Gorgeous Christmas card,love the shape.
Jayne x
I love this window, to bad they retired this cartridge way to soon.
great job,
Carol N<><
Terrific Christmas card. Love the wreath.
Jeri this is so elegant and beautiful! Thanks for reminding me that I too must begin the Christmas cards soon or risk being overwhelmed later on!!! I love this card!!!
Susan
What a stunning Christmas card Jeri! I love that you made it a shape card. The wreath is just perfect on the window and your sentiment fits perfectly. I love your take on my challenge and you got a head start on your Christmas cards, a bonus! Hugs, Bren
Pretty shaped Charistmas card! I love the window!
Glenda
Very cute card! Lovely window :0)
This is so fun. You have me thinking of Christmas now. Thank you for the fun challenge and the inspiration.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
One of my fave cuts EVER! Beautiful job with it. xxD
yay Christmas! super cute project, I love that window cut.
-Rebekah
Such a great window and I love the wreath. Great phrase stamp for the card.
Jeri
What a sweet window card,great idea, I never thought christmas.... super cute.
Hugs
Penny
What a sweet card..I am so sorry I never wrote u a email back...Hope u had a great 4th..Krista
hi jeri :) oh my when i first started my card for this challenge it was just like yours! this is such a pretty christmas card. great job as always :)
Your card is so cute. I love shaped cards and you did a great job. TFS
Sherry
Hi Jeri, this is a lovely window...I don't have this cart but love what I see. Thanks for your comment on my card too.joined your blog as a new follower/member...luv annie
Post a Comment