Friday, July 27, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Anything Goes Challenge

The new Design Team is in place for Mary's Cardz TV Stamps so we're having a challenge.  Mary said anything goes this time around.  I used the Make A Wish set which is an all around great set for making birthday cards.  For my shaped card I used the Cricut Wild Card 2 cartridge.  I needed a card for a teenage grandson, which is always a huge struggle for me.  I have four teenage grandsons and I just hate when their birthdays roll around and I have to design cards for them.  I know I shouldn't admit this, but it's totally true.  I thought a birthday cake was a safe image for a teenage boy.  They like to eat---RIGHT???  My base card and layers are cut at 5.25".  I put it together using all paper scraps from my bin.  I keep using those scraps, but I never seem to make a dent in them.  LOL  One of my favorite things about Mary's Cardz TV stamps is the fact that I can bend the clear photopolymer stamps to fit around anything.  As you can see on this card, I placed it to take the shape of the plate the cake is sitting on.  I used Momento Rich Cocoa ink for stamping.  I'm hoping when my grandson getss the card he'll read the sentiments in the order I put them--first, Make A Wish, then Blow out the candles and on the inside it says Eat Cake!  I hope you'll leave a comment telling me whether you think this is an appropriate card for a teenager to put my mind at ease.  I stress over the boy cards so much.  Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Wendy said...

I think this card is perfectly appropriate and acceptable for a teenage boy! Nice work!

Brenda said...

Jeri this card is fabulous! I love this cake shape and the papers you used to make it. I never seem to make a dent in my scraps either, it think they mulitiply while I'm sleeping. lol Your card is great for a teen boy so stop stressing and enjoy! And yes, teen boys love to eat! lol Well done my friend!

Shawnee said...

Super cute!! I love that you made a cute cake. Any teenage boy would be happy to get this card. Great job!!

girlia said...

Amazing job.

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Love the shape card!

Migdalia said...

This is very sweet!!!TFS
Migdalia

Sharon said...

I'm with your Jeri! I stress over male cards, too!! And I think teen boy cards have to be the worse!! I think you hit the nail on the head perfectly with this one!!! My scrap bin has and expanding bottom. I think I might be able to see it and then I don't!!! :)

Karen said...

Jeri I think male cards are the hardest by far but this one is a home run! Fabulous shaped card with the perfect papers. karen

Mimi said...

Yum! I need cake! Love this card and I believe as Karen stated, masculine cards are very hard to me! You rock!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh i love this card!!! Love that it's shaped like a cake and love the colors and sentiment!!!

Hugs,
Jo

Georgiana said...

Fabulous shape card. Ths birthday cake looks scrumptious!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Dee said...

Of course sheep jump over fences. Whenever I am counting them trying to fall asleep, they are jumping over fences... 1. . . 2. . . 3. . . zzzzz

Jennifer said...

Yummy! You're card looks delicious MMM MMM Good!!
Jennifer CTVS DT

mum of two said...

It's a great card!! I bet your grandson loved it :) TFS

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com