Saturday, August 1, 2009

2sketches4U/DutchDare/DareU2digistamp




2Sketches4U/DutchDare/DareU2Digistamp

I finally got around to making the birthday card for my other aunt. This is actually the first time I managed to get the cards made ahead of time instead of at the last minute. When I saw this sketch it looked very similar to the card I made for aunt #1 and I wanted different but similar. I added lace to this card for the Dutch Dare challenge and did some distressing for the Dare U 2 Digistamp challenge. The supplies I used for this card:

Beige and rusty red cardstock
Flower and striped paper-K&Company
Cricut-Mini Monograms and Wedding cartridges
Fiskars lace corner punch
Beige button
Colorbox chalk ink-Creamy Brown
Sentiment-The Cutting Café

The patterned paper for this card is two-sided so I used the flower side for the largest area and the stripe on the back for the other side. Before attaching them to my beige base card I punched the corners with the Fiskars lace corner punch and did a little distressing with ink and an emery board. I cut the scalloped circle from my Cricut Mini Monograms cartridge at 3 ½”. I attached the sentiment (http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/) after reducing the size to 75% to fit in my scalloped circle. I put the lace on the card before attaching the scalloped circle. The flower in the center of the sentiment is from the Cricut Wedding cartridge. I cut three layers using the beige (1 ½”) and rusty red (1 ¼”) cardstock and used a scrap of the print paper (1”) for the top layer. I added a beige button to the center.

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi...beautiful card,such pretty paper and colour scheme...thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Stef H said...

this is lovely. that flower is fabulous. i now how to think about a cricut! but then, i rarely use my sizzix! ugh!

hugs,

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! I love the softness:) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

perfectly beautiful! love it so much!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and fabulous lace and flower.
Thank you for joining in the DDCC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Donna said...

Incredibly elegant card and such beautiful DP :) Thanks for playing along with DU2DS Donna x

TesaB said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft nice colors and great design!

Larissa said...

Very lovely card! Nice papers and a gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week!
Hugs,
Larissa

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card - love the touch of lace!

Karin said...

Gorgeous card.
Love the colours, papers and lace.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.
xoxo karin

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Jeri and I'm sure your Aunt will love it! Very pretty image and design and your distressing looks wonderful. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris x