Friday, August 14, 2009

BBTB,Saturday Challenge,Sketch and Stash





Oh my goodness! I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to make another card. What a week! We finally had to return to the real world from our retirement vacation in our 5th wheel. We've been gone since June 19th and traveled all day on Monday. It took me two days to get everything put away and then my daughter from North Carolina arrived for a visit and to walk in the 3-day Breast Cancer walk this weekend. Wednesday night my daughter in Ohio got in a car accident and she's 8 months pregnant. We had to go down there and pick up our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter and take care of her until my daughter was released from the hospital. She started having contractions in the ER so they moved her to Labor and Delivery but they were able to stop them. Granddaughter is back home and mom is doing well and my other daughter left for the breast cancer walk this morning. My husband went golfing and I ran to my craft room.

This card was a fun and cute card to make for the Bitten By the Bug challenge to use the square scalloped tag from the Cricut Celebrations cartridge. Saturday Challenge asked for a card with the Cute as a Bug theme and I used the Sketch and Stash #16 sketch. I found the adorable canvas bug ribbon at a scrapbook store in Ann Arbor, Michigan and couldn't wait to use it.
I had to use a ladybug for my image because that's my favorite bug. I used the colors in the ribbon to pick my cardstock--orange, blue, green and beige. Just a few flowers and brads for embellishment. The butterfly is a stamp from Studio G I got for $1 at JoAnn's.

1 comment:

A Little Time said...

This is just darling!! I love it!