
Sometimes I make cards just for a challenge, but this card is for someone special, my granddaughter Payton (2 ½). Last week she joined us at our 5th wheel for some “camping” at the lakeshore. I wanted her to know that we had so much fun taking her to the lake and making sandcastles. (Payton’s idea of building a sandcastle is to fill the bucket, tip it over, then stomp on it). Anyway, when I saw this sketch from Saturday Challenge I knew it was perfect for what I wanted to make. I found this adorable fish paper at the local Ben Franklin store, and that’s where the idea formed for this card. The supplies I used:
Green, turquoise and white cardstock
Print paper-K&Company
Polka dot ribbon
Mini ball fringe
Green button
Clear rhinestones
Cuttlebug-Circles embossing folder
Cricut-Life is a Beach, Plantin Schoolbook cartridges
Colorbox chalk ink-Blue Lagoon
Martha Stewart glitter pen-Blue
I made this card a 5 ½” square. The base card is green cardstock topped with turquoise cardstock, which I edged with the blue glitter pen, then the fish paper. I cut an oval from the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge at 4 ¼” then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Circle folder. I inked the edge with Color Box chalk ink in Blue Lagoon. Then I used the Circuit Life is a Beach cartridge to cut the title phrase at 3” and a whale at 1 ¼” and one at 1”. I hope Payton will understand that the three whales signify Pop, Nana and Payton. I outlined each whale with a glitter pen because Payton loves sparkles and I used clear rhinestones for eyes. I embellished the card with a polka dot ribbon, mini ball fringe and a green button.
4 comments:
fabulous
thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)
Hugs Jane x
gorgeous card Jeri and a great sentiment, thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx
Fantastic card Jeri, fab papers and images, I'm sure Payton will love this card! So pleased you could join us at SCSC this week :) Donna x
Gorgeous card and fab colours.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx
Post a Comment