Oh my goodness!!! It's 11:00 am and I just realized I forgot to put my blog post up. I am so loosing it. My husband is having surgery on Friday morning and we have been trying to get so much done to prepare for it. It is a huge deal because I am visually impaired and can't drive. So while he is unable to drive for four weeks that means I will be confined to my house. I don't live in an area that has any shopping or public transportation. That means I have to make sure I have enough groceries and any other items I may need including the wide variety of prescription medications I have to take to keep the cancer, lupus and various assorted other ills at bay. On top of all this stuff we sprung a plumbing leak. My mind has soooooooo been elsewhere. Anyhoo---thank heavens I have my design team responsibilities and blog to take my mind off all the crummy stuff. Boy, that Mary comes up with the best challenges. She keeps me on my toes and always thinking. Sometimes I get a headache. LOL The challenge this week to make a Valentine's card with no hearts on it was really fun. Although, I have to admit this is not my first choice of background paper. I had this really cute paper with a design edge and when I went to assemble all my pieces I noticed it had tiny hearts on it that I hadn't seen. In my defense, remember I am visually impaired (legally blind), and they were really tiny hearts. So back to the drawing board. I found this red paper in my stash with just the slightest polka dot pattern to it, no hearts! I just used it and cream cardstock. This is a really cool cut I found on the Graphically Speaking cartridge on page 29. I cut this at 3 1/2" using the word feature on the keypad. There are three elements to the card. The word love, the red piece that is notched and the piece with the letter U which slips into the notches. My scalloped circle and letter -i- were cut from Mini Monograms at 1 1/2". Since this card will be going to my husband during Valentine week I added little embellishment other than cream colored string and little mini buttons.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
CCC #11
Oh my goodness!!! It's 11:00 am and I just realized I forgot to put my blog post up. I am so loosing it. My husband is having surgery on Friday morning and we have been trying to get so much done to prepare for it. It is a huge deal because I am visually impaired and can't drive. So while he is unable to drive for four weeks that means I will be confined to my house. I don't live in an area that has any shopping or public transportation. That means I have to make sure I have enough groceries and any other items I may need including the wide variety of prescription medications I have to take to keep the cancer, lupus and various assorted other ills at bay. On top of all this stuff we sprung a plumbing leak. My mind has soooooooo been elsewhere. Anyhoo---thank heavens I have my design team responsibilities and blog to take my mind off all the crummy stuff. Boy, that Mary comes up with the best challenges. She keeps me on my toes and always thinking. Sometimes I get a headache. LOL The challenge this week to make a Valentine's card with no hearts on it was really fun. Although, I have to admit this is not my first choice of background paper. I had this really cute paper with a design edge and when I went to assemble all my pieces I noticed it had tiny hearts on it that I hadn't seen. In my defense, remember I am visually impaired (legally blind), and they were really tiny hearts. So back to the drawing board. I found this red paper in my stash with just the slightest polka dot pattern to it, no hearts! I just used it and cream cardstock. This is a really cool cut I found on the Graphically Speaking cartridge on page 29. I cut this at 3 1/2" using the word feature on the keypad. There are three elements to the card. The word love, the red piece that is notched and the piece with the letter U which slips into the notches. My scalloped circle and letter -i- were cut from Mini Monograms at 1 1/2". Since this card will be going to my husband during Valentine week I added little embellishment other than cream colored string and little mini buttons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you would never know by looking at your absolutely beautiful creations that you had any kind of disability. this is gorgeous! and both you & hubby are in my prayers.
like your new blog look too!
hugs :)
Oh my goodness - you sure do have your hands full. I'm praying for your hubby's surgery to go smoothly and for you. Your card is perfect. Have a GREAT day!
What a great Valentine's Day card for a man Jeri...your husband is going to love it!!! I would never have known from all your beautiful creations that you are visually impaired!!!
I hope all goes well with your dh's surgery and for you.
Hugs,
Terry
Post a Comment