Saturday, February 27, 2010

I made this card for several challenges:

To feature ribbon I used brown ribbon for tree trunks for my button trees. This card is very textural. The light blue paper is embossed, the silky texture of the ribbon and the feel of the zig zag stitching all add to the texture. There is also hemp cording on the buttons. I used my Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge to cut the word Spring from my patterned paper and shadowed it with dark brown cardstock.

I went onto the internet to search for quotes about trees. That is where I found the quote by Kenneth Patton about seeing the leaf. If you look forward to Spring like we do in Michigan you can relate to that day when the first leaves start to pop out on the trees and you see green after looking at bare trees all winter. I printed the quote in brown ink on the light blue embossed cardstock and shadowed it onto dark brown cardstock.

7 comments:

Creative Momma said...

Such a cute, simple and great idea... I love it:)
Hugs
Marina

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card and fabulous stitching. Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Donna said...

Super sweet little card and fab stitching, love the button trees...thanks for playing along with us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

DonnaMundinger said...

Jeri, these trees look fabulous! How creative, I love it! xxD

Mel X said...

What an imaginative card, love your stitching.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Helen said...

Fab card - love the way you've used the buttons!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x