Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CCC #13

This week at Cricut Cardz Challenge we are making a tall card using any cartridge, color and theme. I've made a birthday card for my DH. Poor guy--having to celebrate his birthday while recuperating from his surgery. Gee, now that I think about it, that's exactly how I spent my birthday last year, recovering from breast cancer surgery. It's been a rough year, but somehow we'll make it through together. We haven't survived 37 years of marriage without other hardships. My card idea started with my paper from Creative Imaginations. Those party hats on the paper made me think of the party hats on the Celebration cartridge.


I cut two party hats at 1 3/4" using this very colorful paper. Just cutting from different areas of the paper gave me two totally different color hats. I bordered the left side of the card front with a red patterned piece, a Fiskars border punch and then a strip with the party hats in a row. I used pompoms to embellish the tops of my hats. I used my favorite Sakura 3-D Glaze pens for doodling.

My sentiment is a digi stamp from The Cutting Cafe. I placed it atop a blue section of the party paper and tied a bit of black ribbon around it at the bottom.

My inside sentiment is from a set of clear stamps I recently bought with sayings all made by children. This set is made by Inkadinkado and has six sayings in it. I'll also enter this card in the Paperplay Challenge for a birthday card for someone special.

8 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

What a cute and cheerful card. I am sure it will brighten your husband's day. I just love that paper I use the party hats for birthday cards a lot because they are just fun.

Stef H said...

well, you KNOW i love it!!! and that inside sentiment is just too, too cute! happy birthday to DH and

hugs ♥ ♥ to u!

Julie M said...

Fab card, Jeri - it will brighten his day for sure. Best wishes for a continued good recovery.

And thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a great card Jeri...so colorful and I love the sentiment!!! Best wishes to your husband for a Happy Birthday and a speedy recovery!!!

Deirdre said...

Fab card, great sentiment... love it.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay challenges this week. ♥

shelly said...

i am loving this card jeri! the black ( great minds think alike this week eh:) is awesome with tose bright colors added. just WOW! hope your week is going great :) xxshelly

Sharon Caudle said...

So CUTE, Jeri! Love the bright colors on the black. It just pops beautifully!! He'll love it! Wishing him a very quick recovery and a very Happy Birthday as well!! hugs!!

Edna Marie said...

Jeri
Love this card super cute the black with cheery colorsis just wonderful, the party hats are just perfect down the side and love the doodle
Huggs
PinkE