This week at Cricut Cardz Challenge I asked Design Team #1 to create a card using a flag image from any Cricut Cartridge. This seemed like a fitting challenge with the Fourth of July approaching. For my card I used the Stand and Salute cartridge to make the flag underneath my image. This fabulous image is my son who is a U.S. Marine. This picture was taken about eight years ago on the day he graduated from basic training at Parris Island. I used a stamp feature in Photoshop to print it onto vellum. My base card is a standard A2 card from white cardstock. I added a navy blue mat to go under the flag then added the vellum print on top of the flag. I was really happy with the results. The inside of the card has a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson.
I hope this Fourth of July as you're celebrating you'll take a moment to reflect on the freedoms you enjoy thanks to our nations military personnel past and present. They are all very brave in defending our freedom.
4 comments:
This is just a fabulous card. I will have to show it to my dad. He is an 87 year old US Marine. You know, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine". He served in the Pacific Theater during WWII. You can read about him on my blog.
Charlotte
Beautiful card I love how you did the image thru photo shop. I love that quote its so true. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card!!
Love your card Jeri! This was a great challenge!
Very nice! I really like the photo! :)
Post a Comment