Since I'm the Design Coordinator for Design Team #1 at Cricut Cardz, Mary and I try to coordinate our design challenges so we don't overlap. When Mary sent out the Team #2 DT challenges and I saw her challenge choice for this week at Cricut Cardz I knew I had to play along and use my new 3 Birds on Parade cartridge. This is the free cartridge I got from the Michael's/ProvoCraft promo that was going on in May. It's just the sweetest cartridge and I love the little bird getting ready for a cookout with his grill. He's cut at 3" from Bazzill Basics dotted paper. I used all scraps to put this card together. I keep using those scraps and it never looks like I've made a dent in them. LOL The sentiment is from the same cartridge and it's cut at 1.75".
It's a good thing I had the chance to make this card before we got well into the house moving project. My craft room is all packed up and moved to our rented storage unit. I haven't had time to miss it since we've been so busy packing and moving things, but it kind of hit me today when my granddaughter came over for one last look at the house. She wanted to go to the craft room where we've spent lots of fun time creating together. She didn't believe me when I told her it was all gone and empty. Tears came to my eyes when she said, "Nana how are we going to make things?" I had to explain that we weren't going to live in this house anymore and she said, "forever". That's when it really hit me. The home that we've lived in for over 20 years and raised our five kids in is not going to be ours in just a few more hours. Don't get me wrong, my husband and I are thrilled that we sold it and will be living out our dream of traveling around the country in our RV, but it's a little bittersweet too. One day we will buy another house and I will, hopefully, have another craft room. Until then we will be experiencing quite the adventure.
8 comments:
Sounds very bittersweet, but yes it is an adventure! Oh...I love the card, the 3 birds on parade is the next cartridge I am dying to get.
mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com
Very CUTE card! :-)
Great card. I've ordered this cart...but it still hasn't arrived yet! Hope you enjoy your big adventure.
Awww, the sale of your house does sound bittersweet.
Your card is great. You're right, the 3 birds cartridge is perfect for this challenge.
Vee (CCC DT1)
One chapter closed and another opening for ya'll. Does sound bittersweet. Ya'll will have a blast though! Love love love your card! 3 Birds on Parade is one of my most favorite. I so love all the little birds!! Your card turned out just perfect!! :)
Very cute Jeri, wtg with your support!
Sounds like a BIG adventure and very bittersweet! It's always sad to say good by to something that's been apart of your life for so long.... But it will be fun to hear about all your new trips.... Your card turned out ADORABLE too! :o) Thanks for playing along with us this week! :o)
Theresa (CCC DT)
super fun card and perfect for the holiday weekend. ooooooo boo hoo for sure. i'm crying with you and granddaughter! sheesh. i can't believe it's taking all this time to sell & close on your house, but look on the bright side...... EVERYTHING WILL BE NEW!!!!
have a fabulous weekend and know i'm always thinking of you even if i'm not here.
hugs :)
Post a Comment