Happy Friday, Everyone! For this week's Paper Cutz Challenge #97, Mary asked the DT to use the colors Pink, Orange and White. Immediately, a flamingo came to mind so that's what I went with for my card. This is officially the last card I made before packing up my craft room to prepare for our move. The house is sold, almost packed and belongings headed for storage. Our closing date is next week. I'm truly exhausted from packing and preparing for a garage sale. In fact, as you read this my garage sale is open and hopefully going strong. We have so much to get rid of after 38 years of marriage, raising five kids and downsizing from a five bedroom, 3000 sq. ft. home. We will spend at least the next year living and traveling in our RV. It will be quite an adventure, I hope.
I have to admit, this is not my best effort at a card. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong with this card. I had trouble cutting my flamingo on my Cricut Imagine. I packed up my Expression and took it to the camper and planned on using my Imagine which is going into storage. I haven't used my Imagine that much and for some reason it was giving me fits. It kept cutting the flamingo's legs and beak off on the orange paper I was using. I finally decided to cut the whole thing in pink after ruining all my orange paper. The poor thing has her beak glued on in three pieces. I planned on putting a ribbon around her neck, but then realized I'd packed it all up already. So I cut the bow on my Cricut, but I didn't have anymore orange paper left so I had to use white. Then I planned on putting a button in the center of the bow. You guessed it--packed those babies up, too. LOL So this is what I was left with. What can I say? My sentiment was done on my computer.
I wanted to let everyone know that there will be a fun blog hop next week at Paper Cutz. I'm really sad because I will have to miss it due to closing on the house and moving. I hope I get a chance at some point to check in and see the rest of the DT designs. I know they'll have some fabulous creations and you'll enjoy looking at them. Mary will be offering blog candy so don't forget to check back next week.
1 comment:
Love your card!
Wow, you are making a change, but I am sure you will love your new adventure, you are doing what I would love to do someday!
Blessings
Post a Comment