Monday, November 14, 2011

Bitten By the Bug 2 Joy Winter Woodland


Happy Monday.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It's time for another BBTB2 challenge this week chosen by one of our newest DT sisters, Mona.  She asked the DT to use the Joy cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge.  I started with a base card of black cardstock and topped it with a mat of holly print paper from my 6x6 Best Creations Merry Christmas paper pack.  I fell in love with all the beautiful glitter papers in it.  I used a cut from Elegant Edges for the background to place my Joy cut on.  The shadow is black cardstock and the top mat is ivory cardstock that I embossed with a Sizzex folder.  I'm sorry I don't know what it's called though.  There was no shadow cut on Winter Woodlands for the word Joy, so I cut a second Joy word from black cardstock and offset it a little.  I cut one of the little pieces of ivy from the patterned paper to add to the bottom of the letter "O".  I thought it made it look a little bit like a wreath.  I decided not to add any other embellishments so the word would stand on it's own.  I hope you'll have a chance to play along with this week's BBTB2 challenge.  Remember, if you don't have the Winter Woodland cartridge you can use any other cartridge to create with the word "Joy", but it must be a new creation.

10 comments:

Curko said...

I just love how the paper and the emboss match. Very cute card :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the arrangement & colors chosen for the Joy card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

This is very pretty. I love these papers and how they go together. Great cuts.

Be Blessed, Beckie

DonnaMundinger said...

Love your paper combo Jeri and the gorgeous embossing. The holly does make the "O" look like a wreath. Fab job! xxD

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the paper and the great embossing!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri...I so love your card. The papers you used just go together so well. Beautiful!

~JulieH~ said...

I kove the elegance if your card Jeri,the papers and the embossing are really beautiful
Hugs
Juliexx

A Little Time said...

Oh, this is so pretty!! I just love that tiny print on the paper. I also really love the embossed background.

Pat N. said...

What a pretty card; love it!--Pat N.

DIANA L. said...

This is a very pretty card I like the embossing on the ivory card stock it is so nice and pops the joy out.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com