Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #96 Say It With "S"

This week's theme at Cricut Cardz is Christmas-Say it with "S".  Mary asked the Design Team to create a Christmas card using an image that starts with the letter "S" using any cartridge and colors.  I used the Christmas "S"tocking from the Winter Frolic cartridge.  My card base is standard A2 size made from a dark red cardstock.  I topped it with a mat of cream colored cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug folder Snowflake Flourish which was offered in a set a couple years on HSN.  Unfortunately, it doesn't show up in this photo, but my shadow base for the stocking is metallic gold cardstock.  I know it looks like kraft cardstock.  My patterend papers all have glittery accents on them which do not show up either.  So this card looks way better in person.  I found the glittery paper pack made by Best Creations at a scrapbook store in Virginia Beach, VA while we were traveling south.  It's a 6x6 paper pack, which I absolutely adore because they take up less space in our RV.  My Christmas stocking is cut at 4".  As you can see I used Swiss Dots to emboss the trim pieces for the stocking.  I think a nice touch would have been to add flocking to these pieces but I didn't have any cream colored flocking.  I added a cream colored bow made with crinkled ribbon.  My circle sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe Circle Christmas Printable stamp set.

5 comments:

Carol<>< said...

very nice,
now this is one folder I missed, one that they could bring back,,,,lovely card
Carol<><

Karen said...

Hi Jeri this is so fabulous love it!

bonnie said...

Oh goodness I love the embossing...adorable card sweetie :) Hugs x

Georgiana said...

Love how the stocking fits perfectly within the embossing. Beautiful card!

Stop by when you get a chance.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is absolutely precious. I love that fantastic embossing. Aodrable. Hugs
Carole