Hooray! Today is the premier of the Cardz TV Design Team. No words can describe how grateful I am that Mary chose me to be part of her first Design Team. For our first creation Mary asked the Design Team to create something in "our style". I'm not really sure what my style is, but I know what it's not. I rarely do shabby chic, fancy folds, or overly embellished. If I had to name my style I guess it would be clean and simple. I started papercrafting about 17 years ago before all the fancy supplies they have now. Back then it was just solid color papers and stickers.
I'm a neat freak in both design and personal life. I like my creative arena to be neat. I had a neat and organized craft room. Notice, I said had. The reason---in July my husband and I sold our home of over twenty years. The home where we raised our five children to adulthood. Now we are living our dream. We've retired and taken off in our RV. Which means I find myself creating with limited supplies, in a very small space on a tiny dining table. I am in no way complaining, because I say again...I'm living my dream. When I started packing the supplies to bring with me, first on my list was my Cricut machine. My papercrafting visions really came to life when I got my first Cricut machine. Hence, the name of my blog---Bug 'n Me Creations.
For my card today I started with a white cardstock base and made a standard A2 card (4.25" x 5.5"). All my patterned papers are from Authentique's Blissful 6x6" paper stack. When we left home in our RV I left all my 12 x 12" papers in storage. I've been collecting 6x6" paper stacks along our travel route. I bought this one at an Archiver's store in Raleigh, NC. I added a front mat cut 4.25" x 5.5" then added two 1" strips of coordinating papers. My white scallop was cut with my Cricut's Elegant Edge cartridge. I used Mary's Encouraging Thoughts stamp set for the Thinking of You sentiment. I embellished simply with brown jute and a single button.
Thank you so much for stopping by. You'll want to check out the rest of the Design Teams creations from the Cardz TV blog here. You can just click on each designer's name under the photo of their card. To look at all of Mary's fabulous Cardz TV Stamp Sets click here.
7 comments:
I love your card and "Your Style", Jeri and I'm so honored to have you on the Cardz TV Design Team!
Hugs,
Mary
Very Pretty. Glad your on the Team.
Hugs,
Kate
This is super. I have not seen these colors too much lately it is refreshing. nice simple card.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Beautiful! Love the colors and patterns in this card! We all could use more encouraging cards to give out!! This DT rocks!
So pretty! Great job!
Your DT sister,
Laura
I like your card especially the colors that you used...
Thank You for sharing your style.
Beautiful Jeri!!! Love the papers you used. The button and twine are great!! Love it!!! :)
Post a Comment