This week at BBTB2 we are designing projects with the simplest of shapes, the circle. Do you have any idea all the things you can create with the basic circle shape? If not, you must check out the amazing designs from the DT. All I have to say is, thank goodness I took a picture of my creation as soon as I finished making it, because this card no longer exists. My dog, Trueman, ate it. Yes, you read that correctly, my dog ate it. All that was left when he was done was two tiny buttons, the gingham ribbon and larger button. My normally all around good dog has one nasty habit. He gets mad when we leave him alone and to punish us he looks for paper to eat. He has eaten $20, a Netflix movie (he was just trying to eat the paper envelope, the movie was a bonus), scrapbook layouts, newspaper, bills. We always try to look around for anything he can get before we go out. My card must have fallen off the counter I had it sitting on and gone under the dining table where it was camouflaged against the wood floor. We came home from shopping and there in the middle of the living room rug was something obviously chewed up. At first I thought it might be a leaf from my plant sitting by the patio doorwall. Nope, not a leaf, but my snowman card. Dang dog.
At least it was a card that was easy to replace and not something too fancy. I started with a circle cut from Plantin' Schoolbook. Since I can't measure it, as it's not here, I'm going to go from memory and say it's cut around 2.5". The tophat is cut from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. It was a considerably larger cut, maybe 5". I nipped a little corner off a piece of orange cardstock for his nose. Then added small black buttons for his eyes and mouth. I cut a small piece of red gingham ribbon and frayed the edges and placed it under the snowman's head with a larger button on top of it. My sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Snow Day stamp set.
9 comments:
Jeri, This is adorable..I love Mr.Frosty..As far as your dog..U can reward him for me for eating the bills..Hahhahaha...Krista
Love the story, Jeri. Darling snowman. Love all your circles.
So cute! As for the dog ate it...hilarious! Lee-Ann :)
Fabulous card. I love it. Had to pin it ;0)
Be blessed, Beckie
Stampin' Up Ind Demo
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
Such a cute snowman. Love the sentiment. Glad you got the pic before it got gobbled up as it is a great card.
Love your snowman card Jeri.Don't be mad with Trueman...he has a paper addiction like the rest of us!!!! Lol.
Jayne x
OMGosh I can't believe that Trueman ate this beautiful card! lol I know all about dogs getting mad at you when you leave them. They can get quite creative. lol I guess like Jayne said Tureman has a true paper addiction just like the rest of us and a good eye for cute cards! lol Great job on this card Jeri, it is so cute and so creative!
Come see my card that I made from your inspiration....
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com/2012/11/frosty-snowman.html
Be blessed, Beckie
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
Oh Jeri thank goodness you had already photographed it! Fabulous card the snowman is so cute, will really miss you at BBTB2
Hugs
Juliexx
Post a Comment