Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge #120 An Attitude of Gratitude

I have two projects to share with you today. This week at Cricut Cardz Challenge on Cardz TV the theme is An Attitude of Gratitude.  Mary asked the DT to make a card for Thanksgiving expressing gratitude.  I made this card to send to one of my aunts.  It's a very simple and basic card.  I used the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge for my sentiment.  This tends to be my go to cartridge for a font.  I don't really have many font cartridges (they always seem like a bit of a waste of money to me).  I usually use PS or I'll use Gypsy Font if I want more of a handwriting look.  My letters were cut at 1" from white cardstock.  I used a plaid strip of scrap which came from a Simple Stories stack.  I love Simple Stories 6x6 paper pads.  I use them a lot in a scrapping/journaling brag book (below) because they have lots of little elements that are great additions, like the little heart I added.  Adding the strip at the bottom made it easier to line up the letters straight.  Nothing to this card, quick and easy. 

My second project I'm sharing today is the cover of my gratitude journal.  I started this journal last year when my husband and I sold our home and started to live full time in our RV and travel.  We have so much to be thankful for.  Not many people get the opportunity to travel as we've done for the last year and a half so I wanted to document our journey.  I found this Fancy Pants Designs Brag Book when we were in North Carolina last year visiting our daughter in Raleigh.  It was just the perfect book with 50 scrapping/journaling pages, 15 two slot photo sleeves (to hold 60 pictures) and 15 pocket pages for memorabilia from our travels.  The front cover came blank to decorate.  I used my Cricut Imagine for this project and the Imagine More cartridge.  The background paper, border strips on the left, banner, and the two frames were all printed and cut from this cartridge.  The word Gratitude was a cut from the Sophisticated cartridge.  I added some button embellishments to the flags on the banner and a small stickpin with a picture of a camper on it.

 
I hope you'll have the opportunity to play along with our Cricut Cardz Challenge on Cardz TV expressing an Attitude of Gratitude.  This is a great opportunity for you to get some of your Thanksgiving cards made.  You'll see lots of inspiration from the Design Team this week to get you started.  Thanks for coming by today.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love, love your simple but elegant card Jeri! These are the kinds that always catch my eye because they are simple and have clean lines. Your journal is just gorgeous and the Imagine papers look fabulous on it. I love that you are documenting your travels in it. It sounds like there is lots of room in it too. Never seen one like this before. So cool!

Beckie said...

Great projects. I really love the card.

Be blessed, Beckie
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
justbcreativecrazy@gmail.com

Mimi said...

Love the card and the journal idea! Just beautiful!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cardztv DT Sister

Migdalia said...

Very Beautiful projects!Love it!
Have a wonderful Monday,
Migdalia

Anonymous said...

Awesome Projects! I love them!