Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Turkey Shaped Card

Isn't this just the most adorable turkey ever?  At The Cutting Cafe Blog this week the entire DT is creating with this fun file called Turkey Shaped Card from The Cutting Cafe store.  It comes with the folded turkey shaped base card, top shape and all the body pieces (head, body, feathers, gobbler and hat) as well as sentiments.  It comes in PDF, SVG and WPC forms for cutting.  As you can see I paper pieced my turkey.  I started with a base card from white cardstock.  On top of that I added the card top out of kraft cardstock then added my orange patterned feather layer.  This paper is from the Bo Bunny Apple Cider collection.  Next I added his body piece that is a Simple Stories Harvest Lane paper.  His gobbler (I know there is a more specific name for that piece that hangs by the neck, but I like calling it the gobbler) is a scrap from the Simple Stories stack, also.  I cut the face from kraft cardstock and added a Peachy Keen face.  I thought that expression was saying "no not me, I don't want to be Thanksgiving dinner".  I colored in the mouth with a Copic marker and added some white to his eyes with a white gel pen.  His hat is cut from a scrap of My Mind's Eye Halloween stack from last year called Mischievous.  As the finishing touch I added a little flag on a stick pin to his hat and used the Eat Ham sentiment from the set.  I just love how he turned out.  Thanks for stopping by here today.  I hope you'll visit The Cutting Cafe Blog on Wednesday to see the fabulous turkeys from the rest of the DT.

5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Oh so adorable!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

I am loving this cute little turkey! He is just adorable and my husband would agree with his sign to eat ham as he loves ham but not turkey. lol

Migdalia said...

Cuet!Cute!Cute!
Have a wonderful Monday,
Migdalia

Regina Easter said...

omg the expression on this card is the best...love it

Leslie said...

Cute card, I love the face.