Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Snowflake Huge Circle-Fun with Frosty

This week at The Cutting Cafe Blog the Design Team is featuring projects made with several Cutting Cafe files to inspire your winter designs.  Regina asked the Team to use the Fun with Snowflakes , Snowflake Kisses Treat Box or Snowflake Huge Circle sets.  I used the Snowflake Huge Circle Set and an older Cafe set called Fun with Frosty.  My base card is a scalloped circle card shape that I cut with my Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge.  I added a dark red circle then printed the snowflake frame circle from the Snowflake Huge Circle set on a pretty blue paper from last year's SEI winter paper collection.  Next I printed my snowman from the Fun with Frosty set.  I paper pieced his hat and scarf using scraps of SEI glittered paper.  I colored Frosty's nose and heart with my Copics then added some crystal Stickles to the hat for some added sparkle.  I embellished each snowflake on the huge circle with a small clear rhinestone for a little more bling.  I printed the sentiment from the Huge Circle set and matted it with another piece of the blue.  I used pop dots on the back of the sentiment for some dimension.  I know you'll get lots of inspiration on The Cutting Cafe Blog from the rest of the Design Team so head on over and take a look.

6 comments:

Regina Easter said...

jeri, this is sooooooooooooo sweet..I love the colors and the snowman is adorable...hugs

Migdalia said...

Adorable!Very Sweet!TFS

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the shape and the snowman!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

Your card is adorable Jeri! I love the color combo and that snowman is just too cute! I have always wanted to try some stuff from Regina's cafe, but never got brave enough to do it yet, maybe it is soon time to do that! Hugs!!

Leslie said...

Very cute card

Lizzie Laine said...

This is adorable, great shape!