It's time for a new challenge at Cricut Cardz on Cardz TV. Mary asked the Design Team to create a card with the theme Speaking of Christmas. We had to use a Christmas word or phrase from any cartridge. I used my go to, favorite font cartridge, Plantin' Schoolbook to make my word. I also used the Joys of the Season cartridge for my snowflake and my Christmas ornament (letter O). I decided that I wanted to make a long, narrow card so I cut my base card from white cardstock at 7.5"x8.5" and scored in half on the 7.5" side. This card fits in a business size envelope. I cut a mat of red and topped it with a beautiful patterned glitter SEI paper with blue and red dots This is from a winter stack from two years ago. I love the blue and red theme for Christmas. I recently went to a local store and saw a Christmas tree all done up in blues and reds. It was so gorgeous. Next I cut three rounded corner squares from the Mini Monograms cartridge at 2.25" and ran them through my Cuttlebug using a Sizzix folder. I cut the snowflake from a coordinating blue cardstock at 2" and added a clear rhinestone to the center. My letters (J and Y) are cut at 1.75" from Plantin' Schoolbook with the Roly Poly feature button on. The ornament is also cut at 1.75" from a coordinating red patterned paper. I added some clear rhinestones around the edges on the ornament and embellished with a bow. I added a small tag onto the letter Y that I cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More at .75" then I printed the word JOY on it. This word is from The Cutting Cafe Christmas Mini Words printable stamp set. I think this card came out so elegant and can't wait to send it out to one of my friends back in Michigan. I suddenly realize how many Christmas cards I still need to get made. So much to do, so little time. I hope you'll be able to find some time to create a card with a word or phrase and join our challenge this week. You can link your card up using Mr. Linky on the Cardz TV blog.
I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Will you shop 'til you drop on Friday? I'm planning a trip to Michael's on Thanksgiving evening to look for some Cricut cartridges. I'm hoping to pick up Create a Critter2. I've been there a couple times and haven't found it yet. Maybe they're holding them back for the holiday shoppers. I can always order it online if I don't find it. Blessings to you and your family and be safe if you're traveling.
1 comment:
Love this card Jeri! It is so elegant looking and I could see mass producing these! Love the papers you used too, they aren't over the top but elegant and lovely! Hugs!
Post a Comment