Friday, November 15, 2013

My Creative Time Holiday Tag Challenge


I just can't believe that I'm already making gift tags for my Christmas packages.  Where on earth did this year go?  The good thing is my tags will be a much quicker project this year after purchasing Tag Dies from My Creative Time.  I've only had the dies a few weeks, but have used them constantly since they arrived.  Talk about happy mail.  The set comes with two dies...one has pointy ends and the other is scalloped on the bottom edge and, of course, they come with Miss Emma's signature stitching embossed into them.  For my tag (which I will be entering in the MCT Holiday Tag Challenge hosted by Miss Katie) I used the tag with the scalloped edge because I think it has a more feminine look to it and this is a girly tag.

Here is the list of My Creative Time Products I used to make my tag:

  • Card Sentiments-Do Not Open 'til the 25th
  • Girls' Night out Stitched Dies-Dress, belt, hanger
  • Holiday Tickets-Celebrate your inner ELF
  • Post Card Add-Ons-Santa Stops Here (stamped on button)
  • Stitched Button Dies
  • Stitched Doily Die
  • Stitched Fun Ticket Dies
  • Tag Dies
It sounds like it has a lot of elements to it, but the tag was very quick to put together.  I used a double sided paper for my tag so it looks pretty on the backside, too.  The paper is from an older stack that I've had in my stash for a number of years made by Best Creations.  I have to give a little shout out to my BFF Jennifer for cutting me some of the Doilies because I don't have the die myself.  We had a little swap and I cut a few things for her from dies she doesn't have.  I cut the doily in half to place under my dress.  Before placing the doily on the tag I cut out both layers of the Stitched Tag Die using red for the bottom layer and white for the top layer and added my Elf sentiment to the right side of the tag since I was going to place the left side under the doily.  I cut the dress from a pretty patterned red paper, and the hanger and belt from black card stock. I used some tiny ball fringe to decorate the bottom of the dress and added Glossy Accents to the belt to give it a patent leather look.  The dress is popped using dimensional foam.  I stamped the "Don't Open 'til the 25th with Hero Arts Red Geranium ink.  Next I added a beautiful striped Stampin' Up ribbon to the top of the tag.  I cut a large round button from the Stitched Button Dies and using the same red ink took the circular sentiment Santa Stops Here from the Postcard Add-Ons stamp set and stamped it onto the button.  I added some red jute through the button and tied a double bow behind it before adding it to the ribbon.  Voila---done!!! Here's a closer view of the tag showing the stamping detail a little better.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope I've inspired you to at least start thinking of all the Christmas projects you need to do.  

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Super cute Jeri, I am entering this challenge too!

Regina Easter said...

100 percent cute

Cassandra said...

So cute! Those little pom poms are just perfect!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Georgi Girl said...

Love, Love, Love it! And Congrats on winning the last challenge! You rocked it!
Hugs,
Georgi

Brenda said...

Oh Jeri, this tag is super cute!!! I know what you mean, I love Emma's dies, they are so hip and happening! I wish someone could tell us where this year went but I swear it was just Christmas yesterday!!! It goes faster and faster each year I get older. lol

Crafting Katie said...

What an ADORABLE tag, Jeri! I just love how you put together all of these cute MCT products! Thanks for playing along with our designer challenge!

quilt4fun2 said...

Super job on your tag for the challenge. Very pretty!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Glora said...

This tag is absolutely PERFECT. I LOVE the way you put all of Emma's products together on this one. AWESOME job! Hugs- Glora

Shar said...

Jeri your tag is adorable!!! What a great way to use Emma's products! Thank you for joining us in this fun challenge!

Raven B said...

Oh my goodness this is sooo cute. I love the ribbon you used!

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT looking tag, LOVE the pom poms!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time / Designer Challenge. :)

Mimi said...

Love your tag!

mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

cm said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the colours, the dress, the sentiment: the works! I have a variety of Emma's dies and trust me, once you have "some" you'll want more and more! They are fabulous - as you already know, based on your pretty tag here!
c