Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Cutting Cafe Step Card


I was super excited when Miss Regina from The Cutting Café came out with some fabulous Step Cards.  Of course, the DT is here this week to show some fabulous designs for the STEP CARD TEMPLATES-CUTTING FILES.  This set comes with five different step cards.  For my Beehive card I used the Side One Step card and the Beehive Shaped Card for the hive, bees and buzz background paper.  I used the SVG file and my Silhouette to cut it.  No fears though, if you don't have a cutting machine the PDF files are simple and easy to use for hand cutting.  I started with  white cardstock for my base card.  After I cut it out I measured the front panel and the side panel so I could cut background pieces.  For the left hand side I used a blue cardstock and printed the buzz background from the Beehive Shaped Card on it.  Then I cut the background for the left hand side of the card from this printed paper.  Next I cut the beehive top layer, black shadow and beehive hole and assembled the beehive for the right hand side.  I added some stitching lines with my fine point black marker and white gel pen.  Last, but not least, I cut the bee and bee layers using vellum for the bee wings.   The bees are popped up using some dimensional foam.  For the front I added a die cut picket fence to the card and then placed my sentiment (which is from the Beehive Shaped Card set) on it. I love how bright and cheerful this card came out. Make sure you stop by The Cutting Café Blog on Wednesday to see the rest of the DT projects using the step cards.

8 comments:

Stef H said...

beeeeeeeeeeeee uftiful!

hugs :)

Brenda said...

OMGoodness Jeri, this step card is too cute!! I love the hive and bees and of course that perfect sentiment!! Cute, cute, cute!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Really! Can that bee any cuter? Great job!

Regina Easter said...

omg omg omg omg..............ditto datto to what everyone else said....love it

Unknown said...

Love it!! It is so cute! What an adorable card.

Audrey L. said...

OMGEEE! I love it. My hubby's company's name is The BeeLong group so of course I think this is fabulous!!!

Julie Odil said...

I'm buzzing with excitement looking at this card! Super cute!

Scrappy Boy said...

Julie this is SUPER CUTE!! I love it!