Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Cutting Cafe Pizza Box


I just can not believe that it is November already.  The holidays are approaching rapidly which brings me to my project today for The Cutting Café.  This week the Design Team is featuring projects using the PIZZA BOX TEMPLATE/CUTTING FILE.  Love, love, love this file.  I've already made several projects with it.  For my first project today I made an embellishment box for a friend as a Christmas gift.  For the pizza box I used an older DCWV Craft Stack with this cute button paper.  I used my Silhouette and the SVG file to cut the box.  If you don't have a cutting machine this file comes in PDF format and is very easy to cut by hand and assemble.  I wanted my box to be sturdy so I cut it twice-once from kraft cardstock and once from the patterned paper and then I attached them to each other before assembling the box.  This file comes with inserts for the inside, either four smaller inserts or two larger inserts.  For this box I used four inserts to hold all my embellishing goodies. I added some white crocheted flowers, brads, eyelets, googly eyes, ribbons and buttons.


I couldn't stop with just one project.  For my second box I made a little sewing kit that includes thread, needles, needle threader, seam ripper, scissors and buttons.  This would make a good gift for a college student.  I remember putting together a couple of sewing kits for my daughters when they went off to college.


I used the same DCWV paper stack and again made the box two layers for sturdiness.  I added a tag to the front of the box with a sewing sentiment from my stamp stash.


This Pizza Box file comes with two boxes, a solid box and a box with a window on the top, 4 mini inside divider boxes, 1 half insert divider box, one mini card and one envelope template.  I used the mini cards and the envelopes for my Cutting Café project last week.  Here is what it looks like with the small note cards and envelopes.




I'm sure you could find even more uses for this fabulous file and you can see more great projects from the Design Team on The Cutting Café Blog for more inspiration.  Thanks for coming by today. 


10 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Jeri, these boxes look amazing!! I love all your wonderful ideas of things to place in them. Cute!! Hugs my friend!

Nana said...

Beautiful and very useful organizers. Love your choice of papers.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Regina Easter said...

oh jeri this sure is an awesome set of boxes...great job

bumblebee creations said...

Holy Moly--these are so awesome!! Can't wait to get started on mine...I am so inspired now!

Leslie said...

So exceptionally pretty! hard to choose they all are just great.

Julie Odil said...

Look at you go! Awesome use of this file! I like the first one the best -- I think because I love all the stuff in the box!

Scrappy Boy said...

Jeri!! These are AMAZING!!! I just love them! I'm gonna scrap lift the sewing one for my next box!!

Karen Wedding said...

Wow! You really went to town on the pizza box. All of the boxes are great.

gobarb26 said...

Jeri, I really like all of your boxes, but the one with the buttons is my favorite. It is sooo cute!

Scrappy Boy said...

Jeri I have a question, how do you do the tag on the front? The banner shape? Is it a nestability? Thanks!