Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Cutting Cafe Back to School Project


I can hardly believe we're talking Back to School time. The summer is almost over (unless you're like me and live in a warm climate state). I live in Florida in a retirement community. We tend to think of having two seasons here-"Snow Bird" season and "the rest of the time". The end of summer, for me, signals a return of all our northern friends to our little community. I love the slow pace of summer and the quiet mornings where I can enjoy our lanai and listen to the birds while I drink my coffee.

For my Cutting Cafe project today I used the Pencil Shaped Card. When we lived back in Michigan we had a ritual of taking our grandkids to the store to pick out a school outfit, get a few school supplies and treat them to lunch. It's one of the few things I miss from our previous life. Now that we aren't close enough to take the kids out we will usually slip a gift card in the mail so they can still go shopping for a new outfit from "nana and pop". I decided the Pencil card would be perfect to slip a gift card into. I happened to have a gift card pocket die so I quickly zipped one out of my Cuttlebug and attached it to the inside of the card and added a sentiment. For photo purposes I stuck in a gift card I already had, but now I'm going to run to Target for a gift card. My daughter works at Target so with her discount the kids will get the most bang for their buck, or I should say gift card. Thanks for coming by. Don't forget to head to The Cutting Cafe Blog on August 21st to get more inspiration from the entire Design Team.


4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Hi jeri this is super sweet girlfriend....hugs

Regina Easter said...

ackkkkkkkkkkk i thought i commented on this...to much traveling for me...this is super sweet Jeri and I love how you added a card in the inside BRILLIANT..

Helen Gullett said...

Oh I love the gift card pocket!!! Love your shaped card.

Lisa said...

Love the stars embossed on this and all of your sweet touches! And the gift card pocket! Awesome!