Thursday, September 15, 2016

Paper Sweeties September Release Party


I'm so excited! It's Release Day at Paper Sweeties. For my card today I used the new Thanks Sweet Cuts, the Thankful stamp set and Sweet Cuts and the Planner Series Fall Sentiments. I wanted to do an inset die technique and give my word die dimension. To accomplish this I cut the thanks word from my orange paper then cut the word from white cardstock eight times. I stacked and glued all the white cardstock words to give it strength and thickness. Then I glued the orange word on top and set them all into the negative cut out on the orange patterned paper. It nestled in there perfectly. If you want to give this technique a try you'll want to use a strong adhesive and make sure you save the little pieces from the top layer to insert into the centers of the letters. I wanted my sentiment to say give thanks so I used some letter stickers for the word give. To embellish the card a little more I stamped and die cut the pumpkin and vine from the Thankful stamp set and Sweet Cuts. I added some dimensional foam behind the pumpkin to pop it up. The last step was to stamp and fussy cut the leaves to scatter around the pumpkin from the Planner Series Fall Sentiments. Even if you don't have a planner these Planner Series Stamps are fabulous. I use them for cards all the time. The Fall Sentiments set has some great fall holiday images included (think Halloween and Thanksgiving). One of my favorite ways to use the little images from the planner sets is to stamp and heat emboss them onto watercolor paper then paint them in with watercolor paints or Distress inks. Now to see all the new sets...here you go!







I know you're going to want to see more great inspiration for using this month's release so you can check out the other Designers' projects by following the links below. Then make sure you head over to the Paper Sweeties Shop to get your new products. Thanks so much for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love that word die technique. So cool! And the pumpkin and leaves are so pretty! I've decided I need that planner set. It's your fault id say. Lol!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love the beautiful simplicity of your message! The pumpkin fits in perfectly too!
Take care!
Michele

Maria said...

A very pretty fall card with the die cut and pumpkin, Jeri!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Very pretty! Love how you did the sentiment!