Monday, November 16, 2009

BBTB,CuteCardThursday,Allsorts,SaturdayChallenge

When I saw the Bitten By The Bug challenge this week I thought, how can I possibly think of a card design using a grass cut when I'm sitting in Michigan a breath away from the falling of snow and winter. Sorry Regina, what can I say, I don't live in California with the warm sunshine and the green grass right now. I neverrrrrr toot my own horn, I'm a pretty modest person and not very confident or braggy (I don't think that's a word). But I'm thinking I'm quite the genius this week turning my grass cuts into hanging icicles. And my igloo--do you know what it is? It's the turtle's shell from Walk In My Garden. The funny thing about this grass cut from WIMG, I couldn't find it. I looked through that cartridge booklet five times before I found it. I glittered my card silly for the Cute Card Thursday challenge. I'm also entering this card in the Allsorts challenge for a kid's card since it's going to my good friend's little daughter. For the Saturday Challenge my card is obviously the season of winter. I cut my grass icicles at 1/2" and 1" outlined in a cool grey Copic then glittered. My background paper is from last year's DCWV holiday stack.
As I said the igloo is the turtle shell cut from Cricut's WIMG. I cut it at 2 1/2" from white cardstock then cut it again on blackout from blue cardstock to put under the white. I used a cool grey Copic marker to define each block then put glue on top of it then glittered with MS fine crystal glitter. The door is the same turtle shell cut at 1" on blackout. I used a dark grey Copic to outline. This little polar bear is from the Joys of the Season cartridge cut at 1". I outlined again with grey copic. Instead of putting glitter on the little guy I used Fun Flock, though it doesn't show up well in the photo. For his eye I used a small black rhinestone. I used foam dots to pop both the igloo and the polar bear. The last great touch for this card is my version of Flower Soft that I learned to make courtesy of Holly at Squigglefly. By grating two pieces of styrofoam together and adding some course glitter for sparkle this is what you get, fake snow. Pretty cool, huh! The sentiment is a Studio G stamp, I used Colorbox Chalk Ink in Blue Iris. I love how this card turned out and I hope you all enjoy it, too.

11 comments:

Rose said...

OMGoodess girl toot that horn!! this is AWESOME!!! how clever to use the turtle shell for the iglo :0) *i must remember that*

Regina Easter said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG....this is way cute..this is the cutest ever..wow

Jules said...

Hi Jeri

What a super cute and gorgeous creation.

I love what you have done here and the snow looks fantastic too.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Debs said...

Super project. Toot your horn loud and proud!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Kirsten...x said...

Great card Love all the sparkle...

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

sophiesmama said...

Jeri, you are a genius girl! How clever to use the beehive and the grass this way! Awesome card!
Hugs,
Mary

Unknown said...

How clever! Such a creative take on the challenge guidelines!
Great card!
Judith Novak
http://jiminycricuts.blogspot.com/

Gro said...

Great card.
thanks for joining us at Allsorts

- - Sheryl - - said...

adorable.

Nancy Sanders said...

Wow, how CLEVER. I never thought of doing this for an igloo! I am so excited to give this a try. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration it has given me. Fantastic card.

Lisa said...

Hi, Such a cute card!

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x