Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cricut Cardz Challenge #2

Cricut's A Child's Year is becoming one of my favorite cartridges. I used it last week for my Christmas Tea card and went to it again this week. I don't know about anyone else but I can't remember all the cuts that are on each cartridge I have. Every once in awhile I discover cuts I didn't know were there. While looking through the entries this week for CCC's challenge I came across Sarah's housewarming card she made for a friend using the Don Juan cartridge. I had no clue there was a house on that cartridge. I had to get it out to look--and sure enough--there it was. So my discovery from A Child's Year this week was my card cut. Sometimes you get so used to making rectangular or square cards you don't think of any other shape. While looking for a turkey to put on my Thanksgiving card I found my card shape right next to the turkey image on page 54 of the cartridge booklet. I cut my card from brown kraft paper Fit to Length 10" so when I folded it I would have a height of 5". I used the same cut for the little turkey poem to go on. It's cut at 2 1/2". I used my computer to generate the poem then printed it onto my shape and did a little doodling around the edge. It's hanging from a brown check ribbon with a brown button tied with hemp cord for the center. My turkey on this card came from Stretch Your Imagination. He is cut at 3 1/2" from a scrap of brown print paper and shadowed with dark brown cardstock. My background turkey print paper is from Reminisce and called Turkey Trot. I fancied this turkey up for the holiday with some rhinestones. My turkey poem is something I picked up while working in elementary education and always thought was cute. It goes along with those handprint turkeys little ones always like to make.

4 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

Love your card, your creativity is on FIRE! Love the poem, love how you used pp for the turkey. Fantastic!

Stef H said...

fabulous! and i'll be going gobble, gobble on thanksgiving too! good thing tho' i'm not the turkey - LOL.

hugs,

Unknown said...

Hi!
I just love your card! And what a FUN turkey :-)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Hi Jeri!!! This is such a cute card...love how you used a shape that wasn't traditional, the print cs for your turkey and that poem is adorable!!! I'm having a great time being on this DT with such talented ladies!!

Hugs,
Terry