Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cricut Cardz Challenge #3

The Cricut Cardz Challenge this week was to make a Christmas card with the colors pink, green and white. I knew that I would use my Imaginisce two-sided paper called Santa's Secret Garden. One side is green with pink poinsettias and the other side is white with pink poinsettias, making it the PERFECT paper for this challenge. I used white for my base card and topped it with a solid shimmery green. Then I cut two strips from the patterned paper at 1 1'2"using the light side for the top strip and the green side for the bottom strip. I found a piece of pink textured cardstock with a white core from my stash and cut two squares at 2 1/2" using my Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge. I embossed them with the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder then sanded them lightly to expose the white core. I cut a 2 1/2" square of white cardstock and embossed it with the Swiss Dot embossing folder. I ran Colorbox Chalk Ink in Rose Coral over the top to make the dots stand out. My poinsettia in the middle of the white square is from the Joys of the Season cartridge. I cut it from the pink cardstock twice at 2" and once from green cardstock so I could layer. Then I cut another pink layer at 1 1/2".

I layered with foam dots for dimension. I added MS fine crystal glitter to the edges of the pink flowers and used pearls for the center of the flower. I used a simple sheer green ribbon for a bow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the focal flower.

Sari

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Oh, I saw this card over at the CCC blog and I left it on my screen for inspiration when I went to the table to work. It is beautiful in its simplicity and I wanted to use your sketch design for a card to send to my mother in law! Thanks for inspiring me.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a beautiful card Jeri!! I love the paper you used...so pretty!! I got the MS branch punch from a Walmart when my dh and I were rv-ing across the country.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Hugs,
Terry

Nancy Sanders said...

What a pretty card Jeri. Love the flower love the pp. You are so talented, such an inspiration to me.